Chapter 19 - A Glimpse of Red

CHAPTER NINETEEN: 

“So how is married life my dear?  Keegan must be keeping you really busy these days.”  Caitlin wickedly raised her brows as she asked.

“Caitlin!  You are such a perv. Qué horror.” Meg gasped in shock at the teasing quip of her new found friend.

A blushing Queran hid her face in her hands and muffled a laugh.  “This is so embarrassing!”  She said against her hands.

“Oooh, I have been more than ready to become a gran. You should be too Meg.”  Caitlin chastised.

“Oh I am!  Count on it.  But let’s not embarrass my Queran any more than she is now. Just look at her- all beet red, it’s adorable.”

“You two are incorrigible.  But I am truly glad you have become so close like sisters.  Caitlin, thank you for making us feel welcome.  It has been a while since we have been surrounded by family.  I missed the warmth of being surrounded by people you love.”  Queran reflected.

“Now, now.  Let’s not turn this conversation into a soap opera.  I hate the drama.  And you should get used to calling me mom.  You hear?! “   

Queran bit her lips and nodded at her mother-in-law.  Caitlin was a caring and a light hearted woman.  She makes everyone feel comfortable around her.  No trace of arrogance or haughtiness.  It is no wonder the pack respects and loves her like a true blooded Luna.  As she takes on the job she relinquished, she has never been more ready.  Lunas are considered the mother of the pack.  She should be a person any pack member would feel welcome to relate with and even consult in times of crises or great need.  Caitlin’s involvement in focusing her energy and efforts in educating the little pups had become a noble contribution in honing their intellect.  The pack had its own child care center where the working mothers can leave their pups as they go out in the fields to work or whatever occupation they have.  Her mom had shared with the responsibility and the little school was doing splendidly from what she was told during the party.  Great minds make great leaders and contributing members of a pack.  A pack IS family and she is going to embrace it as she was expected to, as she was meant to.

“Ok , MOM! Sure, MOM!  No problem MOM!”  Queran teased and laughed with her own mother who seemed to be clutching her belly and jerking uncontrollably with a full on laugh.

Cailin growled which led all women to really belt out.  Like practically ‘rolling over the floor, laughing their asses off’ kind of fun.  They squealed like college girls that they were oblivious to the eyes enjoying the sight.

The men were on their way out of the study when they heard the laughter emanating from the living room.  Elijah snorted and patted Keegan’s back.  Their laughter was infectious.  As they strode to where the happy chatter was coming from, Keegan crossed his arms in his chest and leaned on the wall.  He stared at his wife in her relaxed state, looking as breathtaking as ever.  Wife. The word lolled in his tongue like a lover’s caress.  The cherry blush on her cheeks gave proof that she was the object of the matriarchs’ teasing.  His mother was a chatterbox and a born teaser.  There was never a dull moment where his mom is concerned and he loved that about her.  Queran was belting out a full on belly laugh and it was the most beautiful sound that made him giddy.  Well, apart from her moans and the sexy sounds she makes when he is deep inside her.   He stole a glance at Dan who was glued to where he was standing.  He studied his friend who was at least a decade older than him.  He followed his gaze that led to Meg and he raised a lone eyebrow.  Now that , that was a look he can recognize because it was most definitely the same look he has been sporting ever since he met Queran.  Dan had a right to love again after losing his mate and wife.  He was still a handsome debonair even in his 40’s.  Meg would most likely be perfect for him.  He cleared his throat and said bluntly.