Chapter 10 - Complications

A/N:  PLEASE READ.

Dear Readers - I know I promised to upload the "Nuptiis," however while editing the chapter I discovered the time line was totally off.  It will severely affect the flow of the story so I came up with this chapter to link up.  "Nuptiis" is the next chapter and it is my favorite chapter because I enjoyed writing it.  If you want to read the full unedited version it is uploaded in the Restricted chapters.  There is intimacy in this chapter and some minor abuse, that is why for those who are squemish, just stick to reading this version.  But if you are the curious and bold sort, jump in and read the R chapter.  Thank you for your inspiring comments and votes.

CHAPTER TEN: 

Queran busied herself preparing breakfast of Spanish omelet, French toasts and sausages for when Keegan and Tanner comes back.  “Baby, can you please open the patio doors.  Tanner is with me but he’s unconscious. I still have to check on his injury.”   Keegan said to her through the mind link.  Queran’s face heated and she did the jiggly happy dance because it was her first time to hear his thoughts.  She squealed in delight.  “Weeee, B!! I can hear your thoughts. Oh ok, yes the door. Oh gosh this is so exciting. Eeeeee.  Okay I’m coming, hang on.”

Queran rushed to the patio doors and she beamed at Keegan but her face fell when she saw him clutching Tanner on his side.  She quickly shut her eyes.  Oh shit! You’re both naked, B!  A little warning next time.”

“Sorry baby, you’re so cute when you’re happy. It’s infectious and it’s turning me on.”   Keegan kissed her on the lips as he entered and dragged Tanner towards the couch.  Tanner was down for the count. He wasn’t bleeding or anything but there was a dart, stuck on his left leg.  Keegan slowly inspected it but didn’t dare take it out unless he was sure what it was tainted with. 

“I need to take him up to the guest room and wash him up.  I think the dart is laced with wolfsbane by the looks of this purple glow around the wound.  Will you be alright here?“  Keegan asked.

“I threw down the duvet so you can lay him there.  Will he be alright B?  He looks so pale.”

“Don’t worry; his beta blood has fought it off already.  He just needs to rest.   He will be shifting every now and then.  It’s a typical effect of the nasty stuff.  I’ll be right back.”  He gave her repeated pecks on the lips finishing off with a hungered bite on her lower lip.  “I love you.  Be right back.”  “I love you back, B.”  Queran mind linked with one of her brightest smiles.

Keegan carried Tanner to one of the rooms.  Queran was wise enough to leave the door open so it was easy to maneuver him to the bed and dress his puncture wound and toweled off the soot in his face, arms and legs.  He was careful to have any contact with the dart so he can bring it to the lab for analysis.  Thank the goddess it wasn’t the Argen Dust – a powdery substance that is made from silver which when inhaled, inflicted or worst injected can lead to sudden but painful death for werewolves.  His blood ran cold.  Tanner must have been on patrol and chased a rogue up till this part of the territory.  Worry for Queran dawned on him.  Someone was out there for her.  Carter Vargas was still out there and in pursuit of what is his and he made a promise to love and protect her.  He whispered-ordered Tanner.   “Shift my friend.”   Tanner’s wolf obeyed even in its weakened stupor.