Chapter 18 - Whore's Dust

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: 

The shower took longer than usual but it didn’t help cool the ardor that simmered between the two.  The honeymoon stage may have extended to another week but Keegan reckons the stage will never be at an end.  He was undoubtedly sure that the intensity of the love he feels for Queran from the very first moment he saw her, will linger and even feel stronger until his dying breath.  He was currently enjoying the view at the moment, seated in a bar stool watching his mate as she was preparing dinner for Dan, his parents and Meg.  He ogled at her finely shaped legs; she looked sexy barefoot in their kitchen.  He stared at her fine ass covered in black shorts that had a “Bite Me” print on it. Her navy blue tank top shaped her spectacular curves, her hips flared perfectly proportional to full breasts that fit in his hand.  She was not just hot – she was smokin’ and he.. well … he had to adjust a little down there because he was definitely boning up and it was too soon.  He stood behind her and just hugged her from behind.  Queran instinctively rested her head on top of his shoulders and sought his lips.  He obliged.  It was not as heated as the ones they always share but neither was it a simple peck to her lips.  It was a chaste kiss filled with promise. 

“Dad, Dan and I will be cooped up in the study for a while.  Our moms will keep you company as we go over a few pack things. You’ll be fine with that?”  Keegan asked as he pulled a few strands of her hair to playfully nip her soft skin at the base of her neck.

“I’ll be fine, B.  I would sure love to spend time with them since I didn’t get much of a chance with all that has happened.”  She turned and snaked her arms around his neck, his hands landed on her hips.

“Did I tell you today how beautiful you are and that I love you?”

Queran raised her eyes heavenward like she was deep in thought.  “Hmm, let me see.” 

She even put a finger under her chin for dramatic effect; that only earned her a playful poke on her waist.  Keegan kept poking and holding her captive in his big strong arms.

“Stop.  You wouldn’t dare!  Ahh!  Stop it.”  In a rapid twist of her body she was free from the threat of a tickle punishment and ran behind the kitchen island that separated them.  But Keegan was faster and more scheming; that he jumped over the counter and he was on her in a blink of an eye.

“Damn it you’re fast, B.  I can’t…mmff.”  He silenced her protest she crashed his lips to hers.

“Answer the question, babe.”  He said against her lips.

Queran bit his lip and sucked.  “You always do, B.  And I love you too.  Now let me go so I can finish preparing dinner; aaand I need to change to something less provocative than these shorts. Hmm?”

Keegan skimmed his hand up her thigh.  “You got that right, baby, for my eyes only.”  He pecked her lips and let her go.  How did he get so lucky?

*****

Carter skimmed his roughened hand up Emma’s bare back.  Since the day she bit and claimed him, he persuaded her to come live with him in his rented apartment.  She obliged with hardly any protest.  Her parents questioned but she decided things about her life all her own, so they relented.  He had to be near her as much as possible or he would only be worried about her.  Worry and anxiety for someone other than himself seemed foreign to him.  Before he met Emma, there was only one woman who filled his thoughts and every fantasy.  He never thought he was going to be one lucky bastard to actually meet his mate.  These days the chances were almost a thousand to one.  But being just a plain wolf is not going to cut it for him.  He wanted to be invincible and if that meant killing one to get what he wanted then so be it.  Just the other night he was apprised by Enrique that Queran did survive the attack and was already up and about.  How he actually found out was the least of his problems as long as he knows about Queran.  This was only proof of her undeniable strength and the power to heal at even faster pace.  Subduing her would have to be calculated to perfection.  Failure is not an option.   Surprisingly, his feelings for Mikel’s daughter somehow shifted.  He was ready to be rid of her as soon as she transfers her powers to him and has had a little bit of fun playing with her.  He thought deeply of the possible reason why this was so.  His gaze panned to the innocent face of his mate, lying against his chest.  Could it be that he is falling in love with Emma?  What is there not to love?  She was willing to die for the price of being loved by him and only him.  His heart twitched at the thought of losing her.  It was only a matter of time and much as he was impatient to put his plan into action he couldn’t.  After meeting the rogues who agreed to help him, his instincts told him never to trust a rogue.  They were like Rōnins- a master-less servant who refused to be under someone else’s guidance and authority.  They only live to serve themselves and with their own interests in mind.  They bitched about mostly anything and everything.