Chapter 7 - The Lake House

AUTHOR'S NOTE, PLEASE READ.

Please note that this chapter may seem uneventful or boring even, but I wanted them to have a slow recognition of the powerful emotion they share.  From here on there may be more intimate scenes.  The intense ones I have no choice but to come up with a Restricted section that will only be available to followers.  This is not a manipulation on my part but an effort to protect my young readers. The next chapter is in the oven and will be uploaded this Sunday--- pinky promise.  How i pictured the lake house is found here ----->

CHAPTER SEVEN: 

It was a short drive from the hospital.  But as they were turning up the corner, Keegan pulled up on the side of the road.  He turned to look at Queran – his mate, his woman, his love, his everything.  He was trying so hard to contain his overwhelming emotion.  It felt like he was finally coming home after a long absence.  He managed to pull up an expressionless face at her and even in the darkness of the interior with just the lamp post lighting up the lower half of her face, she still manages to leave him breathless.   Queran tilted her head sexily and raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow at him.  His face did not falter.

“What is it B?  Why did we stop?”  She anxiously queried.  Oh no! Did he change his mind about taking me to his home?  I knew everything was just moving too fast and now I am going to be alone with him. I suddenly felt ashamed for whatever reason, it now escapes me.  Unable to face him, Queran looked out the window and said;   “If you changed your mind, you can take me to my mother’s.  We can stay at a motel and head back to Antioch.”  She bit her lip, gulped down the fear of hearing his answer.  Tears nearly pricked her eyes so with slow deep breaths she tried to hold it in.

There was no mistaking the sound of distress from her shaky voice.  He stopped because he wanted to ask and make sure this was alright with her being alone with him.  He vowed to do the right thing after all.  Not that he was going to do anything drastic.  Everything felt so right to him, like it was the most perfect and natural thing to happen.  But his needs weigh less than what Queran needs.  She comes first in all things.  Effortlessly, he grabbed her by the hips and placed her on his lap.  Queran yelped and grabbed the front of his shirt.  She could feel the rapid beating of his heart, and she was half dying to know what he was thinking.  Keegan’s lips were a mere inch from hers, his breath tickled her cheek and his woodsy pine scent teased her senses.  She looked into his eyes and they darkened to a midnight blue and slightly glassy.  He closed the gap and kissed her passionately; let his tongue dance with hers sensually, completely.  He broke the kiss but never lifting his lips away, he breathed. 

“You just don’t know how happy you made me.  I am near bursting with the emotions I feel for you and all of them good, baby.  I can never let you go, but I want to be completely sure that staying with me alone in my home is perfectly acceptable to you.  That’s why I stopped.” 

He lifted his face to look at her more fully.  “I am naturally the possessive sort, I can be controlling but with you, your needs will always come first before mine.  And right now baby, looking at your kiss swollen lips is a complete turn on for me, and my wolf is trying to come out and complete the mating; I am holding him down because you wanted to take things slow. So, Queran -- would you come home with me?” 

He searched her eyes, and when they changed into the yellow of her wolf, he knew that she was also trying to control her wolf to slow down.  The bright smile she gifted him reached her eyes as it returned to its natural brown, gave him all the answers.  “Yes, Keegan, I would love nothing more than to come home with you.”