Chapter 6 - Homeward Bound

A/N:  Surprise!  A rare treat to my avid readers.  Plus a photo of Tanner on the side ----->

If you missed "creepy" Carter's photo, I just added it on the previous chapter.

CHAPTER SIX: 

Tanner kept pacing the hallway outside Queran’s door.  Why the fuck am I nervous?  She’s asleep right so no harm.  But gawd I can bask in her presence. Man, what is wrong with me?!!

“You are too hard on yourself, my boy.”  Came the soft melodic voice of Margareta.  As she came out of the lift she was trying to contain her amusement of the pack’s Beta.  He has been scourging himself non-stop since he found out about the mishap concerning the driver.  The intel was given to him at the time he dragged her to the hospital before Queran briefly snuffed out.  And now, he was oblivious to the fact that he was wearing his heart in his sleeve.  No doubt that when the time comes that he finds his true mate, he will completely turn around.  He deserves to be happy like Keegan is.

“Ma’am, I was about to go in.  Alpha Keegan..”

“Keegan asked you to keep watch.  I know.  He told me before I came here.”  Margareta interrupted.  “I just wanted to check on my daughter.  Caitlin wants me to help her meet the pack families in time for Queran’s homecoming.  I shant be long.”  Margareta added with a playful grin on her face.  She smirked as she went past a wide eyed Tanner and went inside. 

Queran was still in deep slumber.  They each took sides beside her bed and watched the steady rising and falling of her chest.

“She is stunning even in her wolf form. Shit Shit Shit.  How can I bear to be near her.  Arggh!”

“I know.  She is stunning isn’t she?” Margareta asked.

“How can you do that?! I’m sorry but it’s annoying that you know what I am thinking.  Stay away from my thoughts…ma’am.”  Tanner said sheepishly.  It was already bad enough that the alpha knows his affection towards the Luna.  This made it worse.  Queran’s mom seems to listen to his every thought whenever she’s around him.  It was becoming very creepy.  He shuddered.

Margareta laughed softly.  “You young man, will soon find your own bella, be patient.  I’m sorry but I cannot help but listen to your thoughts because I can hear them in here.”  She pointed at her temple.

“I mean no disrespect but this is no twilight shit?  I’m not Jacob.  But even he didn’t end up with Bella.”  He snorted in disgust. “What irony. Let’s just hope I don’t end up with their daughter.  Now THAT is going to be so weird and the mother of all creepiness. ”   He walked his way to the floor to ceiling windows.  He couldn’t face her.  He was too guilty to be so obviously smitten with her daughter. And he was being an ass in front of her by blowing up a fuse.  He ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair.

“Estupido!  I meant  your own marita. Your mate. And you will be perfect for her.”  Margareta stood behind him and laid a comforting hand to his shoulder.  Tanner bowed his head.