Chapter 26 - Real Issues

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: 

Keegan slowly and reluctantly pulled himself out of Queran’s heat.  He knew she heard him say about the pups with her weak smile before she slipped into deep slumber.  His Queran was sexily snoring, physically drained from the exertion and all that had happened. He never realized that she would take it to heart how his life had been before she ever came.  To him, he was just that normal hormonal teenager but she was right.  Keegan owed her the truth especially what happened to him and Emma.  But it is all water under the bridge now and Emma is gone.  No use telling Queran what Emma was like then and how she plotted on becoming the Luna by giving everything up for a roll in the hay with her alpha.  He shifted her to her side facing him and he contentedly lay close to her just taking in the sight.  She has become more impossibly beautiful and she didn’t need to make any effort to do so. She had a particular glow that made her cheeks high in color, he peeked at her breasts that looked and felt bigger in his hands. He rested his hand on her belly where their pup now grows and his heart swelled with pride.  He waited for this moment and now that it is here, it briefly scared him.  The situation has become more dismal knowing it is not only Queran he needs to protect but their unborn child.  His position has become more vulnerable and if his enemies or even Carter catches wind of this news, they would be armed with the perfect weapon to bring down his defenses.  There is no doubt in his mind that Carter Vargas is angry; even livid enough to plan his revenge and he will be waiting.  He slipped one of his oversized shirts and panties on her and planted a lingering kiss on her tummy before tucking her warmly and tenderly under the duvet.  He slowly dressed without taking his eyes away from his mate.  He felt Tanner and the rest of the defense team stirring downstairs.  He leaned and kissed her forehead, trailing a finger down her cheek. He will let her rest for now as he takes care of pack business.

Tanner sat lazily waiting for Keegan to come down.  He stretched his aching legs which were still recuperating from the effects of the drug.  It had been a trying 48 hours; his thoughts brought him back to Emma and could not help but feel sad for what she has been through.  Too bad she ended up with a dickwad of a mate. She didn’t deserve that kind of misery.  Emma may not have been his favorite person in the pack especially when she was too clingy with their alpha; but she was entitled to atleast a small measure of happiness.  He looked up to see Keegan coming down the stairs in a plain shirt, torn out jeans, barefoot and sporting a wide full on smile on his face; his eyes bright looking straight at him.

“Well,well, well.  Someone had some I see. I take it that stupid grin tells me you got things sorted out with your Luna?”  Tanner teased.

“More than that bud.  Just give me 5 and I’ll meet you guys at my office.  I just need to make a quick phone call.”

Keegan dialed a number he knew so well and was about to burst as he waited for somebody to take his call.

“Hello, son?  Is everything alright?”

“All good dad, is mom and Meg with you right now?”

“Err, yeah. We’re just having tea and sandwiches at the moment, what’s up?”

“Put me on speaker phone, I want to hear mom and Meg.”

“Hey, Keegan.  Son, is everything alright?  What is this about?  You are worrying me. I hope you patched it up with Queran already.  Meg was just telling me about it just now.”

“Oh we more than patched it up, mom.”  Keegan laughed.

“Uhm, TMI son.  I’m sure we don’t need to know the details.  Now spill before your mother breaks my arm with the way she is gripping it at the moment.”