Chapter 22 - Unexpected Progress

A/N: Dear readers and friends, please forgive me for this 1 chapter update for this weekend. The work week had been crazy for me and I barely made the chap update last Wednesday. Sadly, it has taken it's toll on my body and I am sick at the moment.  But because I care for all of you and writing has become a therapy for me, I managed to write a longer update that I hope you would enjoy. 

You know for every writer it is pure bliss to hit as many votes to stay in the shortlist and be discovered in the hopes to be pubished someday.  So please, if you did enjoy a chapteror even a sliver of appreciation please be kind and hit Vote.  I will be in your debt.  

For all of you, here is the next installment.  Enjoy!

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

“How the hell did you manage to kick some serious ass today, baby?  I was floored seeing your karate moves.”   Keegan did a funny move of his brows to tease her.

He was driving the car back to the lake house and he was curious about the real and impressive self defense moves she made.  Tanner was a well trained fighter but in the impromptu practice scrimmage earlier, it did not appear like he was just being a gentleman and indulging Queran.  No, what he witnessed was as authentic as a prized fight.  He sure has been discovering a lot of things about his wife and this made him burst with pride.  She has now grown accustomed and comfortable in her surroundings, almost as if she was born to his pack.  She captivated the audience with a command of respect  and sheer determination to protect and defend.

“Karate moves B?  Seriously?  What rock have you been hiding? Now that sounds very lame and err outdated.  My dad taught me a few moves and I took a few classes of Krav Maga.”

“Krav Ma-what?  Never heard of it before babe.  Care to enlighten me.”  Keegan asked amused.

“It’s another method of self defense, B.  The idea is to anticipate an attack and be able to counter that attack as fast as possible.  You hit the vulnerable parts such as the eyes, the throat, neck and the groin to disarm your attacker.  I didn’t get to do the advanced classes where you can use almost anything you see and use them as a weapon, say a piece of wood or a rock. It’s relatively new and I think we can use the techniques for our fighters and for everyone else.  You see, I was doing my rounds in all the sectors to see where I can be of more use.  Your parents are already doing an excellent job with the accounts and business side of the vineyard and I figured that the youngsters need a little boost in using all that pent up energy into greater use.  You know, like getting them all into competitive and recreational sports to build stamina and maybe incorporate a little self defense classes to up their skills.  You’ll never know when you may have a need for them.  I think it’s best to be prepared.”

“Sounds interesting enough.  Yeah we can give it a shot, babe starting with Tanner.”  He laughed but caught himself when Queran gave him a pointed look.

“Tanner is a darn good fighter, he just lost his focus.  It is really not my place to tell you this but your beta met his mate.  However, she took off and ran away from him.  He is trying to wrap his head on the whys, so cut him some slack B.  He is going through a lot right now and he needs his friend to cover his back.”  She chastised.

“I apologize, baby.  I’ll go talk to him and see how I can help.  So when do you start with the training?  You know you can delegate that task right? You don’t have to do it yourself.  You’re the Luna and I would hate to see you hurt, baby.”

“We have to do it soon.  And I am NOT going to just look pretty Keegan.  I am going to be in charge of this.  And you…my dear alpha will join and train with me.  You still have to learn how to control your gifts remember.  And I can help you.  What I just know and you have to trust me on this, we have to be ready at all times.  I don’t want our pack to suffer the same fate as mine did.  That will be unacceptable.”