Chapter 4 - Wide Awake

A/N: My apologies for the cliffhanger from the last chapter. As recompense, read on.

CHAPTER FOUR:

"What are you doing here my child? You are not supposed to be here. Not yet Not even for a very long time."

The Luna Dea was floating through the air facing Queran who was lying on the forest green grass. Queran's eyes, a natural brown color tried to focus on the radiantly beautiful apparition who was talking to her as she slowly descended. She was cloaked in a willowy deep sea blue chiton that reached her ankles. She was barefoot. Her flawless complexion was a depiction of perfection and purity.

"Am I dead?" Queran shot up and touched her throat. "He bit me. There was so much blood. That bastard Carter Vargas did this to me. He found me and he tried to kill me. He has to be stopped, oh wolf goddess, I have to go back or he's going to kill my mother too." She pleaded.

"Ah, my strong one. I always knew you are special my dear Queran. You were born to fulfill great things. You will find great love and you will nurture each other's strengths and overcome each other's weaknesses. The other half of your soul is lost without you. You have to go back." The goddess explained. A man in white button down shirt and white trousers appeared before her as well. Queran's eyes turned wide like saucers and was immediately drawn to the voice she will remember all her life; a voice that soothe all her fears. "Niña!"

"Papa!"

"The Luna Dea is right, Mi Niña. You carry the blood of a true peace enforcer. But you are no longer alone my child. He needs you."

He stepped back and pointed up the clouds where a vision appeared like movies you see on a JumboTron. There she saw her mother silently crying on a man's chest she recognized as the one who rushed to her in the car wreck, Tanner he said his name was. And then she was drawn to the beautiful but distraught face of...

"He has found you Niña, Keegan Lucas, your mate. The only one who can awaken your wolf. Go back to him and fulfill your destiny. We have to be rid of the likes of Carter Vargas who plague our kind and terrorize our children. Alpha Keegan is the half of your soul and his wolf will weaken if he loses you. Now Go!" Mikel all but commanded.

*****

"Epi push. NOW!"

Keegan barked his order for epinephrine IV push. He already started on CPR just as the team barged in. They were all used to the chaos a code blue calls for but this, this was different. The life of his Luna was on the line here. Beading sweat came trickling down the side of his face. He failed to notice the silent tears that escaped his sad eyes. Baby, don't do this to me. I need you! C'mon breathe.

Keegan was relentless in his efforts. Nothing else seemed to matter in his surroundings. Not even the soft cry he somehow heard behind him. His pack guards no doubt contacted Tanner and apprised him of the situation. He brought Margareta here as fast as his car could take him. He was getting tired from the compression and the raging emotion of frustration even guilt eating up at him.