Chapter 21

STEPHANIE'S  POINT OF VIEW

            Liam sat there his jaw open. I could tell he wanted to say something but he couldn't or couldn't figure out what. My eyes were trying to hold back the tears. I've only known the Zayn and the guys for a very short time but we all connected quickly as if we've known each other all our lives. "Can I go see him?" asked Liam finally after a few moments of sadness. Jessie wiped some tears from her cheek and then Liam who was now crying a river (no pun intended.) "The guys are in there with him, go ahead." said Jess. Liam got up and stood at the door too afraid to open it. "Jess, can you come with me. I can't do this by myself." he said looking back at her. Without a word or hesitation she got up took his hand and slowly opened the door and they walked in.

            As soon as the door closed I leaned back on CJ's shoulder and cried. I cried of pain and sorrow. Zayn didn't deserve this. He was a great guy. He was so sensitive and caring. Why him? Why should he be the one to suffer. "It's all going to be okay, I promise Stephie." said CJ trying to comfort me. I jolted up and looked her in the eye. "Don't you get it? It's not going to be okay. This is all my fault! If it wasn't for me we wouldn't be here!!!" I yelled loudly. "Steph, how could it be your fault? You're not the one who ran him over." said CJ trying to maintain calamity. "NO I WASN'T BUT IT WAS MY FAULT HE WAS CROSSING THE STREET! HE WASN'T GETTING FOOD FOR THE GUYS! HE WAS MAKING A DINNER. A DINNER FOR THE TWO OF US!!!" I screamed some more. The tears fell uncontrollably. The guilt was taking over me. "Zayn and I been hanging out for about a week now and tonight he was going to make me dinner, this is why he was across the street getting stuff." I said in between tears and gasps. I could barely breath now.

          After a long moment of silence CJ finally spoke up. "How come you didn't tell me?" she said. I tried pulling myself together. "Because I didn't want to take things too seriously before I was sure I was ready." I stopped speaking and broke again. I laid on CJ's lap crying. Actually crying was too much of a weak word to explain what I was doing. I was running out of water my tears stang but the tears, now the size of golf balls, were flowing down my face without slowing down. "It's not your fault Steph. Everything is going to work out. It's going to be okay. I promise."

LIAM'S POINT OF VIEW

            I've never been more afraid of anything in my life. I didn't know what to expect when I walked into the room. Was it just going to be a broken arm, or could one of my best friends, no one of my brothers, be on his way to a better place? Jessie opened the door all to quickly. I saw Louis and Harry one the left and Niall on the right. He seemed a bit scared of what was on the bed. His face held a frightened expression, almost like the one a little kid would have towards a monster in his closet. Harry stood at the edge of the bed and Louis was behind him his hand on the shoulder. I held Jessie's hand harder and kept her closer as the boys looked towards me as we walked in. No one spoke. I don't remember walking but suddenly we were at Niall's side looking down at the barely familiar. "How is he?" I said hoping someone would say 'he's fine' but that obviously isn't the case.

          It was Niall who finally spoke up. I guess none of them wanted to deliver the news or it was too much to believe they couldn't say it. "Uhm, he's broken a few ribs and his left leg. They say some organs are bruised but that they would heal finely. He's got a concussion and that uhm,-" he stopped. I spun around to look at his face. It was red and he was crying. "and that he might not rememeber anything when he wakes up."

      "Might not rememeber?? What? That can't be! That can't happen?" I said a bit too loudly that Louis and Harry were telling me to keep it down and we can't disturb him. "It's all going to be alright Li, he's going to be here for a few days so the doctor can see how well his organs heal and then after that a few months in a casts then physical therapy and he'll be good as new." promised Louis but it seemed that that was sugar coated or sugar dumping the story. Jessie put her arm around my shoulders and I felt my heart literally break. I didn't want anyone near me. I pushed her away and she fell to the ground. "LIAM!!!" screamed Harry as I realized what I just did. They three boys rushed to help her up. "It's okay guy. I'm fine." Jessie said as if it was no big deal. Louis was the one to speak. "Liam, its hard right now. Not just for. Its hard for all of us. You, me, Harry, Niall and the girls and especially the fans but its no excuse t be violent. Its not Jessica's fault." he said trying to stay collective but the anger in his voice was definitely there. "I know and I'm sorry." I said as I moved closer to Jessie. Immediately Harry and Niall moved near her as if I was going to hurt her again. Jessie herself held her arms closer.

     "Jessie, I'm so sorry. You know I didn't mean to hurt you. I would never do that on purpose.-"         "Liam, I know you didn't mean to. I get it. It's hard for all of us to take in." she said. I didn't know how to respond but it was too late because she walked passed Niall and Harry and brushed against me and walked out. "Jessie" I whispered not wanting her to leave but it was too late. The door closed.