Chapter 27

LIAM'S POINT OF VIEW

"Can we talk?" I said. She seemed a bit uneased but nodded "Sure." My heart raced and my palms were sweaty. I  wasn't so sure how to start or even what to say. I felt truly sorry. I motioned for her to sit on the couch and I sat across from her with just a small coffee table between us. She sat up straight, with her feet on the floor. I was slouching but had my body leaning towards her. I hated the distance between us. "I know, what I did was stupid and out of hand. I'm so incredibly sorry Jessie. I'm a fucking monster and I can't even live with this. I haven't been fine since it happened. You mean the world to me Jess. This past month has been incredible and I want this to last forever." I began to cry. I was such a wimp. A wimpy monster. I saw in her eyes she was a bit teary too but she remained strong. "Liam, please don't." she said but I had to keep going. "Jess, I don't know how you feel anymore, but I can assure you my feelings for you haven't changed, and they never will. They grow stronger with each passing minute and maybe-" I was cut off when her hand reached out to mine, and she held it so softly. Her warm skin was familiar and her touch was magical. "Liam, look. I know what you did was from anger because of what happened to Zayn. I need you you to know, I still care but I think we need to stop." she said. She was crying now. I felt the pain in her voice and my heart broke. I felt it break.

"Jessie, please. We can fix this. I promise you, it won't ever happen again." I looked her in the eye. I couldn't let her go. She was standing to leave but I didn't want her to. I kept hold of her hand. "Liam, please. I can't do this." I pulled her to me as she melted into my arms and cried. "I won't ever let you go Jess, please know this." She kept crying breaking my heart even more. "I am such an awful person Jess. I never wanted to hurt you." She shook her head and let go of me. She looked me in the eyes and caressed my cheek. "You are not an awful person. Not even close to it Liam, don't think that for a second. I love you Liam, but all good things come to an end."

     I felt numb. The tears stop falling and there was lump in my throat. "Goodbye Liam." she said. She gave me a final kiss on the cheek and then turned around and left. I stood there like and idiot and trying to process what was going on. I slapped into reality and ran after her. The lift was too long so I settled on the stairs.

    I ran til I got to the lobby where Harry was waiting with CJ. He grabbed my shoulders holding my back. "Let me go Harry ! I can't let her go !" I screamed. It hurt to much. How did Harry get so strong to where he can hold me back? "It's no use Liam. She left. She's gone." He said calming down his voice as he went. "I'll run to her. She's probably on her way home." I said feeling weaker. CJ moved closer."Its pouring out there Liam. She's probably half way there by now. You'll never make it. Plus, I think you've done all you can." CJ was right. I stood against the wall but felt my knees give in. I slid against the wall to where I sat on the floor. I cried and then got up. I walked out of the hospital in the rain knowing they wouldn't follow. I got to the car and was about to open it when I heard someone scream my name. "Liam wait !" I turned around. Niall was running towards me. "C'mon mate, I'll take you to the hotel. Not safe for you to be out alone." I just nodded as I got in the backseat, laid down and just cried, feeling numb as Niall drove the familiar path to the hotel.

     He opened the door and I just half walked half crawled to my bed and sunk in. Niall made me tea after about an hour of me sitting in bed in wet clothes. He made me shower and laid out some sweatpants and a t-shirt for me. I drank my tea and soon fell asleep.