Chapter 26

JESSICA'S POINT OF VIEW

We all woke up tired and with puffy faces. We got ready for school in what seemed to be slow motion. We made breakfast but hardly ate it. We just moved our spoons around the bowl of oatmeal for a while. We got our bags, piled into my car and drove off in silence. The sky was gray, the air was cold, but it wasn't raining. The weather reflected our emotions. Dark, cold, but we couldn't cry anymore. We were out of tears. They day went by slowly. We sat in classes quiet but not focusing on the lessons. Who could focus when one of your friends was unconscious in the hospital. Some of the freshman who were ultimate fangirls gave us gifts and stuff to give to Zayn. I guess word spread that we knew the boys. It was weird  but sweet. My mind flashed to the gifts sent to the hospital for Zayn. So many people around the world loved and cared for him and most of them probably never met him. He, and all the boys touched there hearts the way they touched mine. I didn't see them as world famous singers, but as loving, sweet, funny, and caring boys who didn't deserve what was going on. We waked slowly and in so much pain that day barely saying a word. We ate lunch in silence except for the periodic "Pass the salt" and "Need a napkin?" kind of things. Last period finally came by. The class was only 45 minutes but seemed to be days long. We all met up at my car as usual but didn't go to rehearsal as we usually did. Instead we drove to the hospital to see Zayn. Gloomy as the day but worth it.

When we got there Stephanie led the way. We all followed but I lagged behind. Nobody was in the waiting room so we assumed the boys were rather in Zayn's room or at the hotel. We got to the room where only Zayn's sisters sat alone, watching there brother. "Hey" Safaa whispered and in unison we all responed "hey", quietly of course. She smiled but held a finger to her mouth symbolizing us to be quiet. She got us and grabbed Stephanie's hand and led us all to Zayn's bed where he lay with his eye's open.

We all stared and laughed as he greeted each of us. We cried tears of joy and gently hugged his crippled body. Wasn't even a hug really but more like air hugs. His voice was quiet and weary and he could barely move without wincing. "I woke up like half and hour ago." he whispered. "Seems the boys are on there way and my mum too." Doniya looked at us. "They went to the hotel like at noon for some rest." CJ seemed concerned for them. "You all should get some sleep too." she told them. "We went to the hotel a few hours you guys left. We came back this morning but they were all still asleep and it was best to leave them." she answered. CJ nodded at that response relieved they hadn't been awake for over 30 hours.

We just chatted to Zayn waiting for the others to arrive. His memory was in tact, though he didn't remember the accident, everything else was fine. We told him what happened and Stephanie could not stop apologizing. His concussion wasn't so severe and he's be fine in a few weeks. It was sweet of him to tell her everything was alright and he was fine and that it wasn't her fault in anyway but I knew it would take a while before she forgave herself.  He was bruised badly and a broken arm but nothing a few weeks of rest wouldn't fix.

LIAM'S POINT OF VIEW

Louis drove recklessly on the way to the hospital. We were all excited to hear the news. Doniya was ecstatic on the phone and we all showered and got dressed as soon as possible. Louis paid for the parking valet to anxious to do it himself and we ran out the car to Zayn's room. We quieted down in the corridor and knocked on the door softly though we all wanted to burst in there. Niall was very jittery bouncing around unable to keep his excitement. We tip toed in to see Zayn's eyes open and his mouth curved into a smile. We all began to cry tears of joy welcoming back our pal. He seemed to be doing better and we all just sat down finally relaxed and talked for a bit. We read him some of the cards and opened a bit of the presents sent for him. He began to cry, moved by how much our girls cared for us. It was all very sweet, but Zayn began to tire some and fell asleep with the consent of the doctor saying it was fine for him to sleep. We all exited the room quietly but Tricia stayed in the room wanting to be with her son. We headed for the café but there was something I had to do. As everyone walked by, Jess was behind everyone. "Jess?" I called out for her and she turned around to face me. "Can we talk?'