Chapter 9: Trouble

"The party has arrived!" Niall gave me a 'manly' hug while inviting Bella and I inside of the large crowd of moving bodies.

"Want a drink?" I asked Bella, but she shook her head.

"I just want to dance with you." She smiled as I took her hand and guided her onto the dance floor. The music made any talking inaudible so we stuck to dancing. Our bodies moved to the rhythm, almost in sync. As the first song finished I noticed a familiar blonde strolling towards us, Maya. I cursed under my breath trying to avoid her seeing us, but it was too late. Her lustful eyes trailed up and down my body while sliding her hand up and down my arm. I felt my fists clench up and neck veins throbbing. I leaned down to Maya's ear to speak just loud enough for her to hear me.

"Stay away from me and Bella or you will fucking regret it." As I spoke, her head snapped back in laughter. She is beyond wasted. I rolled my eyes and guided Bella out of the crowd towards the boys.

"Hey Bella" Lucas, a guy who we occasionally hang out with, eyes went up and down Bella's body, making me feel beyond uncomfortable and angry.

"Hello Lucas." She sounded polite, knowing I didn't like the way he looked at her. I sat down next to Louis still feeling tension in the air.

"Where's Eleanor? I thought you to were glued by the hip." What the hell has gotten into me?

"Stop being a dick Styles, and she's got some studying to do." He tipped back his drink, most likely some vodka mixed with whatever else he could find.

"Sorry mate don't know what's gotten into me." He shook his head understanding, before going back to drinking.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Niall screamed, definitely drunk.

Everyone sat in a circle waiting for their fate. Zayn was dared to take two shots within ten seconds, which he did. Niall was then asked how big his penis is which he answered with, "Seven inches" and a rather proud smile on his face. Now it's my turn and I chose dare.

"I dare you to.... Make out with Bella right now!" My cheeks went hot as Zayn spat out the dare, causing the whole group to crack up. I glanced over at Bella who look uncomfortable, so I shook my head and asked for a different one.

"Three shots of vodka in fifteen seconds." Louis knew I needed a dare not including Bella which I was thankful for. They placed three red cups in front of me which I downed within ten seconds. My mind felt calm as the shots took effect. Bella was up and picked truth.

"Who was the lucky guy that took your v-card?" Lucas smirked as he asked, probably thinking it would bother me, but it doesn't. I've had sex with many girls which I am not proud of, so if Bella has had sex with a few guys I would be a hypocrite to judge.

"No one actually." I looked at Bella to find her cheeks go scarlet. How could someone that beautiful be a virgin?

"Alright my turn, I choose dare." Thank god Louis turned the attention on him because Bella looked embarrassed and most likely felt naked with everyone knowing she's a virgin.

"You don't have to be embarrassed." I whispered to Bella noticing tears threatening to spill. When she didn't reply, I tipped her chin and kissed her. Her lips felt warm and soft against mine causing heat to go through my body.

Screams broke us apart as bodies ran across the house to find an exit. I took Bella's hand, not sure what was going on but knowing we had to get out of there. Suddenly, I saw a guy, probably our age wearing a black hoodie, black pants, and black sneakers. In his right hand he had a gun, and it was pointed right at Louis. Before he could pull the trigger I ran at the him and punched him hard on the jaw with my right fist. Once he laid on the ground, I straddled his torso and began laying punches hard on his face. I knew if I didn't stop soon, he would probably die. I gave him more punches while he begged for mercy through bloody lips. I finally pulled away and stood up over him. I could hear faint police sirens, most likely approaching the house.

"We have to get out of here." Louis pulled at my arm, but I didn't budge. I couldn't stop looking at the man I'd just beaten nearly to death. I turned to find Bella gone. She most likely ran to my car, so I sprinted there. I breathed a sigh of relief to find her standing at the passenger door. I pulled her into a tight embrace before police sirens nearing brought us out of it. We both got into the car and drove away from the house.

"Are you okay?" I looked over at Bella to find her trembling.

"He had a gun Harry." I held onto her hand giving it a squeeze to ease her mind.

"I'm just glad you're alright." I lifted her hand to my lips and gently kissed her knuckles. We continued the ride in comfortable silence. Once I dropped Bella off, and got back home my fists hurt in agony. I ran to the upstairs bathroom to run them under cold water to wash the unbearable pain away. As I looked in the mirror my vision blurred when I looked at my blood stricken fists. Thoughts of what has occurred made me think of something my mum used to say, "Protect the ones you love, even if it means risking yourself." I now realize that I would protect Bella, even if it meant risking my life.

(Dramatic chapter :O Vote?)