Chapter 25: The Phone Call

Bella was beyond wasted as we danced to the loud music. She stepped on my feet multiple time without even noticing. My phone began to buzz and I quickly pulled it out to press decline. Shit, I accidentally accepted it. I sighed before bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" The line is static until the all too familiar voice replies.

"Harry, please don't hang up and listen to me." My heart nearly stops as he speaks. How did he even get my number? I replay the other phone call I received so many months ago which left me erasing all the horrible memories. Honestly, it just made things worse and I became angrier at the world.

"What the fuck do you want?" I spat into the phone.

"I need your help son, I'm dying." Is he really fucking serious. I'm walking to the front of the club only to walk out into the chilly New York air. Bella is quick on my heel as I come up with a response to the devil.

"My life's wish is finally coming true, you're finally going to die you sick bastard." I'm about to hang up, but he continues to speak.

"I had no choice! She cheated on me, cheating is a sin. I've became one with god while in jail and he has forgiven me for my actions." There is no way he can possibly be sane.

"You're a fucking psychopath! Mum never deserved to die, really it should've been you. The world will be much better without another lunatic around." His breathing is ragged, I've hit a nerve. I notice mine is just as heavy and take a deep breath.

"Listen Harry, I don't have much time left but I needed to tell you about what your m-" The line goes dead as I'm guessing his time on the phone is out.

"Harry! What's wrong?" Bella has definitely sobered up since a few moments ago inside the club.

"My father just called me." Her mouth drops open in shock, but quickly collects herself. I'm still kind of in shock myself. My mothers murderer just called me out of nowhere.

"I thought he was in jail?" I nod, he is and will be for the rest of his days.

"The how'd he get your number?" That's what I thought about ever since the first phone call.

"I have no fucking clue! I need to get out of here and clear my head. Do you want to go back to your dorm? I have a hotel room that's still under my name if you want to go there."

"Yeah let's do that, Jessica will probably come back wasted anyways." I nod and we walk back to the hotel I am staying at. It's a block away, so it takes just a few minutes to get there.

I don't realize how cold I actually was until we get up to the room and I find myself turning the thermostat up. Bella also seems freezing as she jumps under the covers.

I shook off my coat and placed it on a chair before joining her.

"Bella?" I whispered. I peaked over to find her already asleep. My head falls back on the pillow as I stare up at the ceiling blankly. My thoughts are clustered and confused. I finally give up on sorting them out and fade into blackness.

I'm awoken by Bella's lips pressing against mine. I immediately begin to smile. This is probably the best way to ever wake up.

"Do you know how long I've been trying to wake you? It's one already and I'm starving." My stomach told me the exact same thing as I sat up.

"How are you so energetic? I thought you'd have a hangover after all that drinking you did." I playfully poke her in the stomach causing giggles to escape her mouth.

"I am very resilient, hung over or not." That was definitely true.

"Can't we just stay here? We can watch movies and I'll order room service..." She remained laid across my chest with her head in the crook of my neck.

"Okay, but only because I love you." A deep blush covered her cheeks. Damn she's cute when she blushes.

"And I love you." Just for a moment all my thoughts and worries left my mind.

(Vote, comment, follow! Ilysm!)