Chapter 48: Life

Six Years Later...

We decided to get married on our seventh anniversary. Somewhat because of the lucky number, but mainly because of the life growing inside of Bella.

Yes, we're having a baby. No, we didn't exactly plan it but I guess when life throws you a curveball you have to go along with it. In all honesty, I'm extremely excited to become a father and start a family with Bella.

"Do you have everything?" She asked me for the thousandth time.

"Yes I have everything." For our wedding we decided to head home. Our family and closest friends reside there so we figured, why not?

"At least the morning sickness stopped a few weeks ago. I won't be throwing up on our honeymoon!" She said excitedly. Bella's three months along and besides the throwing up at the beginning, her pregnancy has been great.

"Good because I have different plans for us." Her cheeks flushed at the ideas I was suggesting. I couldn't resist kissing her lips with passion just like I always have, and always will.

"You're such a perv sometimes, that's why I'm pregnant!" We both began to laugh, my eagerness to make love to her did bring along the pregnancy just a few months ago.

"We should get going our flight is in two hours." Thank god I have her to stick with the schedule.

"Let's get going then." It's finally the weekend of our wedding.

-

Delighted squeaks came out of Leah as she fascinated over Bella's baby bump. Charles handed me a beer which I gratefully took.

"Honey, give Isabella some space they just got here." Charles gave his wife a friendly warning. She sighed before scooting further down the couch.

Charles was actually very calm when he found out Bella was pregnant. Probably because we've been together so long and I'm clearly not going to leave her.

"I can't believe the wedding is tomorrow! The venue you picked is absolutely gorgeous." Leah gushes.

A month after finding out the news, Bella came over here and planned the whole wedding in one weekend. I give her props, most women take a full year to plan.

"I hope everything goes as planned, it wasn't easy setting everything up with the wedding planner over the phone."

"I'm sure it will be amazing. You've planned it better than most could in our position." I reassure.

"Too bad Penny fell asleep before you all got here, she was so excited." Leah says with a sad expression. Bella tells her it is fine before yawning.

"I think I'm heading off to bed also, I'm completely exhausted and tomorrow will be a long day." Bella stands as do I.

We exchange good nights with Charles and Leah before going into the guest bedroom. "Are you nervous?" I ask once the door is closed.

"No, we've waited six years for this. I don't think I could be any more ready." She sits on the bed, pulling up her shirt to rub lotion on her fast growing tummy.

"I feel the same way. I just can't wait for this little guy to be born." I lean down and kiss her stomach earning a giggle.

After kissing her stomach plenty of times just to hear that laugh she finally regains her breath. "You think it will be a boy?"

"Yeah I guess, I just think it would be cool to have a little boy and do manly stuff with him. If it's a girl I'll still be just as happy though."

"I guess we'll find out when we get back home." We wanted to wait until after the wedding to learn of the baby's gender.

After getting ready for bed we both lie down, legs entangling with my arm draped over Bella's waist.

Tomorrow, we will be married.

-

"Harry! Wake up sweetie pie!" I groaned as Louis' voice filled the bedroom. Bella was no longer lying next to me on the large mattress. I guess she got up early to get ready for today.

"Five more minutes." I say.

"No we have to take pictures and get you all pretty for the big day! As your best man it's my duty to keep you on track."

It was obvious from when we got engaged that Louis would be my best man, and Eleanor would be Bella's maid of honor.

Eventually, I got up and ate some breakfast before changing into my tux. It wasn't too fancy, just black slacks, black suit jacket, a white button up shirt and black bow tie. A stylist named Lou came by to do my hair before leaving to go wherever Bella is.

"Are the boys almost here?" I asked Louis. Of course Liam, Zayn, and Niall are all my groomsmen.

"They texted me saying 'Meet you at the altar'. We better get going." Louis had on a tux close to mine except he wore a tie instead.

I nervously played with my thumbs as we pulled up to the venue. It looked even better in person compared to the pictures Bella had showed me.

"Nervous?" Louis asked.

"A little. I just want everything to go perfect for Bella she put a lot of work into this." With that, we got out of the car and walked inside.

Lights hung from the ceiling of the relatively big building. Roses sat next to each aisle and a white carpet was laid on the ground leading up to the altar.

Okay, now I'm nervous. Louis patted my back before greeting some of the guests. Niall, Liam, and Zayn all stood in their positions with thumbs up. I smiled at them before getting in my spot. Louis finally finished chatting and stood besides me.

Every row was filled with people we've all known basically our whole lives. Bella's who family came (courtesy of her dad's wealth). The only family I have are the four boys standing next to me, Bella, our baby, Charles, Leah, Penny, and I couldn't be any happier.

My thoughts were stopped when the traditional music started to play. All the bridesmaids walked up, ending with Eleanor. Finally Penny came into view, although she's eleven we still wanted her to be the flower girl. Her youthful smile showed through as rose flower petals floated to the floor. I glanced over to find Leah already bawling her eyes out but still managing to take plenty of pictures.

My breath hitched in my throat when Bella came into view. She looked absolutely beautiful. Our eyes locked and all the nerves vanished. Her white dress fit perfectly, even though she's three months pregnant. Charles was crying as he gave his daughter away. Bella kissed his cheek before walking across from me. I took her small hands into my larger ones.

"You look amazing." I whispered, not wanting to share this moment with anyone else.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I laughed, remembering her saying that all those years ago the night I proposed.

"Let's get started shall we?" The priest began to read whatever he was supposed to. I wasn't really paying attention, just staring at Bella the whole time. All too soon, I was repeating my vows and getting out what I had written.

"Bella, I'm not that great at writing like you are, but here goes nothing. Last night you told me you are pregnant. Joy washed over me at the news that we would be starting a family together. As I read this we will be exchanging our vows, hopefully not at some Las Vegas chapel." Everyone laughed before silence took over once again.

"Bella, I've loved you for seven years. I will love you today, tomorrow, and every day after that." I folded up the paper and put it back inside my pocket. Bella took a deep breath before beginning her own vows, clearly having memorized them.

"For seven years you have given me the life I never though I'd have. Through the ups and downs you have been there for me. Some wonder if soul mates are real? To that I say yes because Harry, you are my soul mate. I love you so much and plan to remind you every moment I can for the rest of our lives." Tears fell from her eyes as the words effortlessly left her lips.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest announced.

I placed my hands on Bella's hips before tugging her towards me and molding our lips together. The people around us clapped, whistled, and of course the boys idiotically hooted and hollered. Eventually we pulled away, still taking in the moment.

-

"You look absolutely exquisite, love." One of Bella's relatives, an elderly woman maybe in her eighties, compliments her.

"Thank you for coming Aunt Nancy, you look great yourself." They talk for a few more minutes until some food catches the old woman's eye.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please gather around the dance floor because it is time for the bride and groom's first dance!" Zayn announced over mic.

"Don't step on my feet." I said as we stepped onto the dance floor. Bella draped her arms over my neck as I placed mine on her hips. Soft music began to play as we swayed back and forth.

As the song came to a close, other couples joined us on the floor.

"I didn't know it was possible to be this happy." Bella said, peering up at me. I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say, and she didn't seem to mind.

"Do you mind if I have a dance with my daughter?" Charles asks politely. I step away and allow them a moment together.

I walk over to the bar and get a drink. As in drink I mean a glass of water. Everyone is having a good time as far as I can tell.

"Congrats mate!" Liam raises a glass of beer towards me, clearly wasted. He tips it back, nearly falling while walking onto the dance floor.

"They're really enjoying the open bar." Bella states after watching some of the drunk guests.

"Yeah, but I'm not drinking if you can't."

"Don't feel obligated because I'm pregnant Harry, but I guess you should be sober for the honeymoon." She winks, causing blood to rush right to that area.

"I like what you're implying right now." I say huskily, just as we're about to kiss a booming voice interrupts.

"Cake time! Harry and Bella please come up to cut this yummy cake!" Zayn says over the mic, drunk. We walk up, hand in hand to cut the huge cake.

I make the first slice, carefully feeding it to Bella. She decides to take her piece and shove it in my face leaving icing all around my nose. Everyone watching laughs as I scowl.

"You're lucky I love you." I say after wiping all the leftover cake off my face.

"I know."

-

Paris, France. The city of love. We picked it a few years ago for the honeymoon.

I unlocked our hotel room with the sleek black card given to us by the hotel manager himself.

"This is amazing." Bella says in awe. The room is huge with maroon walls brimmed with gold patterns.

"We can admire everything later." Our bags drop to the ground simultaneously, lips connecting with an amazing amount of passion. I don't think the fireworks that go off inside of me will ever stop when we kiss, and I hope it never does.

"I love you." I remind her once we pull away.

"I love you too."

We don't hesitate before kissing once again. Tonight is the start to a new chapter of our lives, and I can't wait to start it by making love to my wife.

-

I wake up to the sun leaking through the blinds into our lavish room. Bella's computer sits glowing on a desk opposite of the bed. Curiosity gets the better of me as I stand up, put on a pair of boxers, and sit in front of the machine.

I look back at my wife (I love saying that) to find her sleeping peacefully. After making sure she is in deep sleep, I begin reading what she must have typed during the night.

You could say fate brought us together, or destiny. Either way, I like to think we were meant to be. When I first saw him the unruly curls seemed to mop over his shaded eyes. Most feared him, some ignored him, but I was fascinated. That dangerously sexy smirk always seemed to linger on his lips every time we crossed paths in the halls.

We fell in love quickly, maybe too fast but we were young. Not much else to say about the high school days, things were rough for most of the year. New York came along, and I never thought he would follow but he did, and I'm grateful for that.

After all this time I have tried to define Harry in one word or a short phrase. Only after he became my husband did it come to mind.

Harry was a boy who knew too much about a tragic life at such an early age. Now he is a man who chose to love a girl who needed him just as much as he needed her.

I'm glad that he chose me, and hope he feels the same.

She was the best decision of my life.