Chapter 10: Gun

The cold .38 sat in my hand making me wonder if I regret the purchase. After the other night I realized that there is no real way I could protect myself or anyone I love if a gun is drawn on us. I drove to Marty, a black market dealer I know from parties who sells anything from a small pistol to a large assault rifle. He laid his assortment in front of me waiting until I chose the .38. 'Good choice' he remarked as I handed over two hundred dollars.

The ring of my phone startled me, causing me to jump a bit, "Hello?"

"Harry?" No. I hung up the phone and threw it onto my bed. I decided to clear the call from my mind and go to pick up Bella for our double date with Louis and Eleanor.

• • •

Eleanor and Bella laughed at a joke Louis must've said. My thoughts distracted me from having actual fun.

"Are you alright?" Eleanor whispered in my ear trying not to make it obvious to Lou and Eleanor.

"Yeah just have to go to the loo." I quickly stood up from the table and walked to the bathroom. I sighed as I reached a urinal while unzipping my jeans. The door opened from behind me as I took a piss.

"Women, right?" Some bearded guy stepped up to the urinal next to me, seeming to be talking to himself. I quickly washed my hands and sat back down to Bella.

"Hey Harry, remember when I pulled your pants down in front of the whole class? Best prank ever." Louis cracked up as my face felt hot from recalling the horrible moment.

"I'd rather not, but thanks for bringing it up!" My tone was as sarcastic as possible. Suddenly I could feel Bella's warm hand on my leg, most likely knowing how uncomfortable I was. As she did this I felt heat going to my crotch area which unfortunately, I can't control. "You're giving me a boner." I whispered just loud enough for her to hear. Her cheeks went red as she pulled her hand away. My head snapped back with laughter. "I love you" I squeaked out in between laughs.

"Here's a large pepperoni and large fries for you all." Our grumpy waitress sat down the steaming food before wiping grease on her uniform. We all muttered a 'Thank you' and she finally trudged away.

"She's just a ball of sunshine isn't she?" I joked before picking up a very cheesy piece of pizza.

"You could say that again." Bella muttered while staring at the cheese practically fall off of her pizza.

"A bit too cheesy, babe?" She made a face at me before taking a bite which weirdly turned me on. As we ate, my thoughts wandered like usual. Louis cracked a few jokes making us all laugh. The waitress finally came back with our checks which had grease on every corner. I paid for Bella despite her constant whining. After a few minutes of chatting we said out goodbyes and drove our separate ways.

"I'll walk up with you." Bella and I got out of my range rover to walk up to her front door. I sighed once we stopped walking and faced each other.

"Is something wrong Harry?" Shit. She knows.

"Just have a lot on my mind." She nodded her head, clearly understanding where I'm coming from. "Mine?" I leaned down our lips inches apart.

"Yours." She whispered as our lips came together, sending electricity through my body. My fingers tangled themselves in her hair as she placed her hands on my chest. Our tongues explored each other until the sound of the door opening drew us apart.

"Bella, get inside. Now." An older looking man stood behind the opening of the house with a suit on. He was clearly balding with few gray hairs left. Bella briskly walked inside, purposely knocking into his side, making him slightly move to the side. "Don't speak to my daughter ever again you delinquent." He was eying my tattoos.

"I'm not a delinquent." I practically yelled at him, balling my fists up.

"You may not be, but I know for a fact my daughter deserves much better than you." He replied sternly, with a sense of steel.

"You don't even know anything about me!" I screamed as he slammed the door in my face. I could feel sweat forming on my forehead as I banged on the door repeatedly. I waited a few more minutes to see if she'd come back out, but of course she didn't. I could hear loud voices from behind the door, but could only make out a few snippets. Bella's crying could easily be heard as she fought to defend me from her father. I finally gave up and walked back to my car.

During the drive home my thoughts lingered to my mum. When I walked out to see her dead body, my first thought was "She finally has peace." Is that wrong? I could feel an anxiety attack coming, so I pulled out my phone and called Bella. It went right to voicemail with some computer voice talking.

"Hey um I didn't get to say 'I love you' so yeah I love you erm I'm not real good at voicemails so um just call me when you can." I hung up only to see my recent calls. The unknown number that had called early replayed in my mind. 'Harry?' The voice was surreal, making a lump form in my throat. I knew exactly who's voice that was.

It was my Father's.

(Comment what you think, and vote?)