68: You Decide To Adopt (Girls)

(A/N: Hey guys! I thought that it would be fun to use some of the names that you said you guys would name your children for this so you'll see a username by each preference and that's just the person that submitted the name! *keep in mind that most people wrote the names for the guys so it'll only be the first name because they put things like -just an example- Cassia Malfoy, so it won't include the last name*)

H E R M I O N E: typewriterbeauty_ You were excited. Your hands were shaking and your heart was beating out of your chest. Hermione was grinning like an idiot beside you. You were finally going to meet her. Your new daughter. The both of you had decided that you didn't want to go through all the complications of one of you carrying a baby, and you knew that there were so many orphans that needed homes. This one was two months old and had no parents. Her name, Serena. 

"Um Mrs. Granger and Mrs. Y/l/n?" the soft featured lady at the front desk asked as you two approached. "Yes, that's us!" you said, happily tapping your fingers against the wooden desk. "Serena's right in here. She just woke up from her nap, so she'll be wide awake for you," she smiled, standing from her desk and leading you and Hermione into a quiet nursery. The smell of baby powder and soap filled you nose as soon as you entered, making you sigh happily. "Right here," the lady from the front desk said, lifting a bundle from the crib. You eagerly struggled to see your daughter through the soft pink blanket that swaddled her. "Would you like to hold her while I go get the papers?" she asked. "Please," you replied almost instantly as the woman carefully transferred the baby into your arms. You remembered all the articles you'd read about babies and made sure to support her head and strained to recall anything else she needed to know. And that's when you got your first good look at her. She had soft caramel hair that reminded you faintly of Hermione's and piercing icy blue eyes. Tears filled your eyes and you heard your wife let out a happy whimper from behind you. "Y/n, she's absolutely beautiful," Hermione choked and you nodded, too overjoyed to form a proper sentence as you kissed Serena's forehead.

L U N A: artsyhufflepuff "Y/n do you think Rosalyn will like this?" Luna picked a stuffed elephant off the shelf of the store that you two were stopping at to get your adoptive daughter a gift before you went to go meet her. You'd seen tons of pictures of her and there was no arguing that the 7 year old girl possessed breathtaking beauty. Her hair was midnight black and she was born with two different colored eyes. One was an electrifying green and the other, a crystal blue. In all the pictures, Rosalyn was striking a sassy pose and a joyful smile sat lopsided across her face. "Yes my love. That's perfect," you said happily, taking the elephant out of Luna's hands to examine it. Certainly no mere toy was worthy of your daughter, but you thought that Rosalyn would appreciate it nonetheless.

You knocked carefully on the door frame of the office where Rosalyn sat with her caretaker, who was explaining that once her mothers arrived, she was to act on her best behavior. "Hello," Luna greeted while you waved to the small girl. The caretaker was sitting behind a dusty old desk that was scattered with rule books and adoption papers, Rosalyn sat in a big leather chair facing the desk and two ones just like it were set up directly beside it. "Welcome ladies. Take a seat. You must be Y/n and Luna. The women interested in Rosalyn," the caretaker smiled falsely. She had tight, pointy features that gave away her strict nature. "That's us," Luna grinned. "Hello Rosalyn. We're going to be your mommies, is that okay with you?" you asked softly, leaning towards her. She shot you a toothy grin and nodded. "Well, we've evaluated your applications and we have decided that you are qualified to care for a child. All you have to do is sign these papers, Rosalyn already has her bags packed," she told them, sliding a small stack of papers across the desk and handing you a pen. "Oh and we got this for you Rosalyn," Luna remembered as you got to work signing the contract about a million times. Luna took out the small stuffed elephant. Rosalyn's eyes lit up as she shyly grabbed the toy. No one had ever given her a gift before. "I love it!" she squeaked in her high pitched voice. "I love you," Luna smiled, booping her on the nose, making her giggle. Neither one of you could wait to start your new life.

G I N N Y: Callme_mrs_hood "And he's gonna be the best Keeper in Quidditch history!" Ginny continued her rant as you scanned the picture of your soon-to-be-son one more time before you actually went to go see him. He was only 3 years old and his name was Apollo. He had caramel colored skin and vibrant green eyes that contrasted beautifully. In all the pictures that you'd seen of him, his short brown hair was an adorable mess. He seemed so perfect. You couldn't wait to meet him. Ginny was so excited, she already bought him a toy broom that he could use as soon as he got home and a real one for when he was old enough to use one. "Y/n, let's go already," Ginny groaned. You tore your eyes from the picture and you two apparated from your home.

Apollo sat on a soft carpet, rolling around a red toy car. "Apollo, someone's here to see you," the boy's caretaker cooed softly, picking him up and carrying him to the office where you and Ginny sat, eager to meet your son. Ginny let out an excited gasp when she saw him. "Haiiii," Apollo greeted cutely, waving. "Hello little man," you waved back. "Can you hold him while I grab the paperwork?" the caretaker asked you. "Of course," you smiled and the woman settled Apollo into your lap. "I'm 'Pollo," the boy said, pointing to himself. "Nice to meet you Apollo. We're going to be your mommies," you told him, surprised at how well he could speak. His clear green eyes widened. "Reawwy?!" he exclaimed. You nodded. "Yeah really," you nodded and kissed his cheek softly. "Hey guess what" you said. "What?" he asked. "Mommy Ginny got you a broom that you can play on right when we get home, isn't that cool?" you asked the small boy. Apollo's features arranged into a puzzled look. "Home?" the little boy asked, the word unfamiliar in his mouth. "Home."

C H O: (A/N: I just used this name because I like it) "I still want a daughter and I don't understand how I lost this argument," Cho yelled from the other room. Ever since you suggested that you adopt a boy, Cho has been begging for a girl. "Please. We can dress her up all pretty and put her hair in cute little pigtails," she would squeal, but it still wouldn't sway your opinion. "If we adopt a girl we'll have to deal with more problems when she gets to puberty," you argued, shuddering at the memories of your awkward years. "It's a little late for that my love! We're going to pick up Phoenix right now," you said, grabbing your bag and urging Cho to hurry up. 

When you *finally* made it to the adoption center, the bored looking lady at the front desk announced that you were late, resulting in you throwing a glare at Cho. If she wasn't being so over dramatic, they would've been right on time. "Sorry. We're here to get our son, Phoenix," you smiled kindly. "Phoenix. He's a cute one. Born just a month ago. Poor mother didn't have the money for him," the lady said, standing up from her desk. "That's why we're here," you said brightly as the lady led them into a nursery, lined with baby cribs. She stopped at the fourth on on the left. "This is him," she said, lifting the baby boy out of the crib and transferring him to Cho's arms. And oh was he a cutie. He had a head of fuzzy blonde hair and beautiful shining brown eyes. He opened his eyes just when he was lied in Cho's embrace. Tears welled up in her eyes looking at him. He was so precious, and he was all theirs. "Oh my Godric. H-He's beautiful," Cho stuttered, rocking him back and forth. You gave her a puzzled look. "You mean you don't want a baby girl anymore?" you asked. She shook her head. "No. He's perfect."

(A/N: *realizes I haven't updated in a century*)