My First Encounter

~???' POV~

I got the paper Friday. The one that sealed my fate. All I remember was standing up for a puny, E-class girl. Blue hair. Usual uniform. Then a school bully came along. I tried to grit my teeth, but all I could do was watch until I lost control.

I felt my head start to pound. I lost it. Lost the remaining self control I had when the girl screamed out in pain. I wondered why she was wearing pants until she cried out. I walked over, a subtle fear clawing at my stomach.

"Stop. " My voice was firm. Commanding. Highly different from my usual quiet self. "Why should I?" The big, burly kid said. I gulped slightly, but I kept going when I caught sight of the poor kid's bright blue eyes. They were as wide as the moon, almost bigger.

"Put the kid down. " I said, in a low voice. "No. " He said, holding the kid by her shirt collar. He pulled her away from the wall, the girl made a sort of strangling noise. "Put the kid down!" I said, this time with more force. He grinned a toothy, scary smile. He put the kid down then turned to me.

All of my strength seemed to evaporate. I stumbled backwards then decided to punch the boy in the nose. It won't kill him but he will stop hurting this kid. I swung my fist towards his nose, hitting with such an impact it jarred my arm and made my knuckles hurt.

There was blood. Blood everywhere. I wanted to hurl. The boy scampered away, in the direction of the office.
"Are you alright?" I asked the kid. She nodded. "I'm Nagisa Sh--" She started to say when she was interrupted by the fameless, red-head Karma Akabane. "'Ey! Nagisa! Hurry up! We're going to be late!"

Then I watched Nagisa and Karma run off in the direction of the end-class building. THE END CLASS?! I'M SCREWED!

I walked to class, fear and anticipation making my stomach queasy.

Over the loudspeaker I heard: "Akara Diamond you are needed in the principals office. "

Fear. Fear. That's all I could feel. Fear.