Mom Time

~Akara's POV~
"Mom! I'm home!" I said, hoping my voice didn't portray my fear.
"Why are you home so early? " She asked, suspicion in her voice," Did you get in trouble? Do I need to punish you?" The questions flowed out of her mouth like a waterfall.

"Here. " I said, handing her the paper. I had originally came from America, where I had to be transferred lots because I would beat up bullies. Finally we moved here, having found this school. I had been A-class until my studies started slipping because of my bad Japanese. I finally figured out how to speak fluently but by now it's too late.

"AKARA DIAMOND!" My mother roared, grabbing a hold of my ponytail. I felt the pain, but not really. It was dull compared to her whipping me.
"I'm sorry mom! I tried my best not to but the kid was crying out!" My mom's eyes narrowed. "Who was it?" She asked. "Who was who?" I said, confused. She yanked on my hair, I felt that. "Who was the kid?" She asked again. "Shiota! It was Shiota Nagisa! From the End Class!" I said, her almost holding me up by my hair. It hurt. Pain pulsed through my body.

Her eyes got wide. She dropped me on the floor, pain shooting through my elbow as I landed. "Shiota?" She repeated. I nodded, I didn't want to anger her further.

"Shiota Nagisa. Hm... I've heard that name before. Ah! Ms. Shiota! Our neighbor! I just started talking to her recently. " The anger seemed to disappear. "She tried to buy Nagisa's way into the D-Class. He made top 50 last semester. " I knew I had seen it somewhere! That name sounded highly familiar.

"You didn't. Nor did the A-Class students, other than Asano and his friends. " I felt a ripple of remorse when she said Asano's name.

"I'm highly disappointed in you, young lady, but you will be punished by being in the End Class. Forever shunned by your friends and family. "

Her last words lingered in the air. I should've known. She's going to disown me or something drastic like that.