Prom Night

--Another time skip--
~Akara's POV~
I CAN'T BELIVE IT! ITS PROM NIGHT AND IM GOING WITH NAGISA! I thought joyfully. I was staring at myself in the mirror, smiling goofily. I wore the same dress I picked out for the dance Korosensei threw. I smiled sadly then, remembering all of the fun times. Nagisa was getting dressed in his room, while I was in the bathroom. I left the lace untied, since I couldn't reach it. I walked out of the bathroom, straight into Nagisa's room. I didn't even knock. I swear Nagisa about fell on his face. He had his pants on and was pulling on his shirt. I went over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and saying," Nagisa! Will you tie the ribbons on my dress please?"
He sighed," Fine. "
He started tying the ribbons, while I buried my face in his warm, bare chest. I peeked up at him, to find him blushing a little.
He finished tying the ribbons, but I didn't pull away.
"Akara, I need to put on my shirt. "
"But I want to stay here. "
"Akara..." He warned," I'll tickle you. "
"Eep! Okay! Okay!" I said, jumping away.
He laughed, pulling on his shirt. I threw the suit jacket at him, which he caught easily. He slid in on, while I eyed him. Black suit, navy tie, dark blue flower in his suit pocket. I licked my lips. I watched him button up the jacket and shirt, then wrapped my arms around his neck and said," You're irresistible, Nagisa..."
"Akara, we need to go. "
"But...!"
"No buts. Let's go. "
"Aw... You're no fun!"
He had gotten used to me saying things like that, so he barely would react to them. It wasn't fair.

~Nagisa's POV~
"Have fun, you two. " My mom said from the couch. Ever since Akara came, my mom had been tame. The only times she got mad at me were when Akara and I got in trouble.

I hooked my arm with Akara's, keeping her close to my body.

High school sweethearts. That's what they called us. Everyone. Our friends, our 'enemies', and even strangers.
There was no doubt I loved Akara. None. But I was scared for the day she wanted to get married. I'm scared of marriage. Not because of the commitment. Because I didn't want us to fight. Fighting leads to divorce. Divorce leads to depression. And divorce, for me, is hell.

"Nagisa! We're here!" Akara said cheerfully, tugging on my arm. I hadn't realized I zoned out. "Awesome. " I said, kissing her on top of the head. She was lit up like a Christmas tree. I smiled at her as we walked in.
"Nagisa-san! Akara-chan!" I heard someone call. I looked up, to see our friends Hayo and Luke. "Hey!" Luke called, coming up to us. Neither of them had dates, but came just for us since we didn't want to be alone. "Hey, Luke-kun! Hayo-San!" Akara said more cheerfully than needed. Hayo giggled at her, noticing her friend's excitement. I smiled down at my girlfriend, who was bubbling with excitement.
"Are you two going to just stand there all night or are you going to dance?" Luke said, stepping behind Akara and me, then pushing us. We stumbled forward, while I tried to steady Akara. She was in heels for the first time in her life, so she was wobbling around. We regained balance, both of our friends giggling at us.

I placed my hands on Akara's hips, her arms going around my neck. She was close to me, closer than we had really ever gotten in public. We didn't look at each other, embarrassment taking over. It was a slow dance, and I could feel Hayo and Luke staring at us and giggling. I forced myself not to roll my eyes. They were so immature. Akara suddenly locked eyes with me, resting her head on my chest which made us even closer together. I went rigid for a moment, then relaxed as her warm body calmed me. We waltzed slowly, along to the music. After a while, Akara and I went to join our friends again, who teased us for the whole rest of the night. Akara was jumping for joy the whole time, while her emotions rubbed off on me.

By the end of the night, Akara had dozed off and was being carried on my back. I was tired, but managed to get Akara back home.

"Nagisa, we need to talk. " My mother said, once I got home. I looked at her quizzically, but didn't question. I put Akara down on my bed and went back into the living room, sitting down next to my mother.
"Yes?"
"Your aunt wants us to go see her. "
"So?"
"We're going to go see her tomorrow. "
"Okay. "
"Akara isn't coming. "
"What?! Why not?!"
"Because your aunt wants to see you. You'll be with Akara the whole time if she comes."
"But mom! She'll be here alone!"
"You call up Karma. He can stay with her until we get back. "
"But mom!"
"Nagisa, no buts. "
I pouted, crossing my arms and glaring at her.
"Pack your stuff. We're leaving early tomorrow. Remember to write Akara a note and call Karma. "
"Alright..." I gave in, standing up and sulking to my room. I packed my stuff quickly then called up my best friend.
"Nagisa?"
"Yeah, Karma, it's me. "
"What do you want at 1 A.M.?
I know Prom was last night, and you better have given Akara the best night of her life, but what the actual hell are you doing calling me at 1?!"
"Sorry, sorry. And yeah, Akara had a BLAST. But I need you to stay with Akara for about a week while I visit my aunt. "
"Why isn't she going with you?"
"My mom said no. "
I heard him snort.
"Figures. Yeah, I'll come. You leaving tomorrow?"
"Yeah. I'll be gone for about 3-4 weeks, if all goes well."
"Alrighty. I'll come over before you leave. "
"Okay. Night, Karma-kun. "
"Night. "

I hung up, falling flat on my face--on the bed-- then falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning, yawning. My mom was shaking me gently, avoiding waking up Akara. "Time to go. " She said quietly. I nodded, sitting up. She walked out, letting me get dressed and write the note. I grabbed my stuff, walking out. I heard a knock on the door, thinking it was Karma. I opened it, my thoughts correct. Karma stepped in, smiling at me. "Hey, Nagisa-kun!" He said, patting my head like I was a kid. I scowled at him then said," Akara's in my room. I left her a note so you don't have to explain. " He nodded then said," Don't worry, Nagisa. I'll take good care of your girlfriend. She's my friend, too. "
I nodded, while he winked at me. I rolled my eyes, he sat down on my couch while waiting for us to leave.

My mom and I left, leaving Karma and Akara alone. I worried about Karma and Akara.

~Karma's POV~
"Now they are gone, it's time for my plan to take effect. "
I said, a grin spreading across my face. I slipped into Nagisa's bedroom, grabbing the note he wrote and tearing it up into tiny pieces. I threw the pieces in the trash then laid down next to Akara, pulling her to my chest. She didn't stir, just relaxed into my arms. It was a new sensation, but I wasn't complaining. I buried my face into her hair, breathing in her scent. Flowers. How perfectly suited for my little orchid.

~Akara's POV~
When I woke up, Nagisa was gone. I expected him to be in the kitchen, even if it was a Saturday. Well, I guess we were out of school already... But still. I sat up, wandering into the living room. To my surprise, I found Karma sitting on the couch, crying. "Karma? What happened?!"
"N-N-Nagisa is dead. "

(( 1338 WORDS. Hehehehehe enjoy this cliffhanger...
--Author-chan
. . . .
Akara: ....
Lergo: Akara! Are you okay?
Akara: .....
Lergo: I-I don't know what to do...
-------))