The Battle Begins

~Akara's POV~
The anxiety and fear in my stomach was almost unbearable. "Nagisa, what do I do? I'm confused. " I asked Nagisa, observing how everyone else was ready to go and had guns in their hands. I held one of my own, the gun was cold and... Comforting in my hands. "You're confused? I can teach you, if you'd like." He said, looking at me curiously. "Y-Yeah, t-thanks." I said, feeling my face heat up against my will.

"Nagisa, Akara, you two will be at the same position. Since Akara is new to this class, I see she must learn how to fend for herself in time. Nagisa, I expect you to teach her. " Bitch-Sensei said, her hands on her hips as she commanded each of us to our positions. Nagisa nodded, gesturing for me to follow.

~Nagisa's POV~
We finally made it to the position, and I felt surprised by the fact Akara was carrying the gun properly. "You know how to carry the gun properly. " I stated and she responded," I used to play war games a lot." I nodded. She isn't totally clueless, then. We sat next to each other, our breaths causing the air to be thick in front of us. The game was about to begin. Nervousness crept up my spine. What if I am eliminated? Or worse, what if Bitch-Sensei makes me move so I can take out a few guys and Akara gets shot? I would feel guilty for ruining her first paint-ball game...

~Akara's POV~
I heard Bitch-sensei's voice coming from my clothes. We had changed into special gym clothes from the government. Nagisa raised the speaker to his ear, listening. I did the same. " Nagisa, Akara, you two stay in that position until I tell you two to move in. You two will grab the flag, roger that?" Bitch-Sensei said, and I remembered something important. It's capture the flag! Or take out the other team. I was always 1st place in those type of rounds! I felt excitement spark in my stomach. "Roger!" Nagisa said into the microphone, and Bitch-Sensei started talking to the other students. "Are you ready?" He asked me, looking as excited as I was. "Hai! Yes!" I said, joy making my voice bubbly.

"Time for the battle to commence." Karasuma's voice rang in my ears. Nagisa and I sat with our muscles taught, stiff but ready to jump.