"Sugar"?

((Like the picture I drew? *blushes* I-I regret nothing. I made a ship name for Nagisa and Akara. Nagira. *chuckles* Asano and Akara: Asara and Karma and Akara: Akama. Oopsy. Listen to the song as you read. :3 ))

~Akara's POV~
"Well, I see I'm not needed here anymore. " Karma said, standing up. His jaw was taught and he walked out of the apartment, slamming the door. "I hurt him, didn't I?" I said quietly, feeling tears pound at the back of my eyes. "It's not your fault. Karma has always been shielded about his true feelings. He shouldn't have shown you, so he's mad at himself. He thinks I can't protect you. " Nagisa said, kissing my neck gently. "I know you can protect me just fine. Plus, I'm not some China doll that will break so easily. I mean, I've been shot before and I'm perfectly fine. " I said, shivers going down my spine when he kissed me. "Speaking of that, are you okay? That was a pretty gnarly wound at the time. " He asked, pulling me away from his neck so he could look at my face. "Yeah." I said, recalling the pain I felt during the days after. To think that happened just this weekend. It feels like years have passed since the Reaper kidnapped me.

Nagisa and I had migrated into his room, playing video games, when the doorbell rang. Nagisa jumped up to go get it and I followed slower. He opened the door, his mother was standing there. "Hi, sweetie!" His mother said happily, kissing Nagisa on the top of his head. "Hey, mom. "
"Who's your friend?" She asked eyeing me.
"This is Akara, my girlfriend. Can she stay here? Her mom kicked her out."
"Yes. Why did she kick her out? I don't mean to pry. "
"A big misunderstanding. "
"I see. That's fine. Just don't do anything stupid. "
"Yes mam'. "
"Hi, Ms. Shiota. " I said politely," It's nice to meet you. " I held out my hand. She took it, shaking it gently. "Nice to meet you, Akara. " She said, smiling. I smiled back.

~Nagisa's POV~
My mom seemed happy with Akara. I don't think she has ever heard anything about her. I hope my mother doesn't freak out like Akara's mother. It didn't seem like it, but I had a feeling a would be getting a talk about this later. "We'll be in my room, if you need us. " I said, leading Akara back into my room. "Okay. I'll start making dinner. " My mother said, turning into the kitchen. We got in my room, Akara smiled at me then said," Your mom is nice. " "Unless she loses her temper." I mumbled to myself but nodded. She glanced at me but didn't press. "Back to our game?" I asked and she nodded. We started playing again.

After dinner, Akara and I went to bed. Akara buried her face in between my shoulder blades, her arms wrapped around my waist. "Nagisa?" She said quietly. "Yes?" I whispered. "What would you do if I wasn't here anymore?"
"I would be really sad. " I repositioned myself to face her," But I would find a way to continue talking to you. Even if that meant dealing with you having another boyfriend. "
"That's not what I meant. I meant what would you do if I died?"
I went quiet. Where were these questions coming from?
"I don't know. " I mumbled quietly, touching my forehead to hers.
"I'm sorry. That was a weird question to ask. "
"It's okay, sugar. "
"Sugar?"
"Yeah. You're sweet like sugar. "
"That's cheesy, Nagisa. "
"I know but I don't care. "
"I'm worried about you and those cheesy flirtations. "
"Don't be. "
"I am. "
"Sugar, don't be. "
"Quit calling me that. "
"Calling you what?"
She flipped herself on top of me, pinning my arms down. "You know what I'm talking about. " She said, glaring at me. It was really cute. I could see the smile fighting to take over her face. "Aw, you don't like being called "sugar"?" I said, making a pouty face.
"No. " She scowled.
"Sugar, how about you get off me?"
"Nagisa!" She hissed under her breath but got off of me.
"You're so cute when you're angry. " I mumbled, twisting and twirling some of her hair in between my fingers.
"That's a good thing?" She asked, looking at my hand. "I guess so. " I responded. She was so beautiful. I didn't deserve her. Akara fell asleep after a while, wrapping her arms around my torso while I held her hands in front of me. "Nagi..." I heard her mumble. I smiled.

I was about to fall asleep, but Akara started twitching in her sleep. Then she woke up gasping and crying. "Akara? Sugar, are you okay?" I said, turning so that I was cradling her in my arms. She was still crying. "You...were there. But...but..." She said, sputtering and gasping," You were dead...and Karma... Karma was covered in blood..." I felt my heart skip a beat. "I should've protected you from Reaper... I'm so sorry. He did this. He tricked your mind. Clouding it in spite and gore. " I whispered, burying my face in her neck. She was sniffling. "I'm so sorry. " I whispered again, closing my eyes. I'd blamed myself for Akara getting shot. I knew how she was when she was alone. Now she was having nightmares. "It's not your fault. " She said after a while. "Yes it is. I shouldn't have let you walk home alone. I shouldn't have left you for so long. I should've came and gotten you. I shouldn't have put you through that pain. " I said, hugging her close to me. "You didn't know. Plus, I shouldn't have let him do that to me. I'm sorry for waking you up. Go back to sleep. " Akara said softly.

-----NEXT MORNING------
~Akara's POV~
"Nagisa, you can't have your girlfriend sleeping with you. You know that. " I heard Nagisa's mother say. I didn't open my eyes, hoping to listen to the rest of the conversation. "Mom, it's not like we are going to... Do anything. " I heard Nagisa say. I felt my face heat up. "But, you have to be cautious. One wrong move..." His mother mused. "I know. We're careful, mom. "
"I trust you. But Akara cannot sleep in your bed anymore. "
"Mom! Did you hear nothing I just said?"
"I did, Nagisa, but I still don't want you to make a mistake you can't take back."
"I promise. Just please let Akara sleep with me still. She woke up crying last night. Crying, mom. I can't let her wake up alone. " I could hear the concern dripping off his voice.
"Fine. But you have to tell me why her mom disowned her."
"Alright. She thought that Akara slept with Karma or me."
"Seriously?"
"Yes. But she didn't. I know that for a fact. And Akara tried reasoning with her and she disowned her. "
"I feel bad know. I believe you, Nagisa. She can stay here as long as she needs. You just have to watch over her. "
I couldn't believe what I just heard. But I didn't want to question them.

((Like it guys?? 1197 words! ;) Well, TTYL!
-Author-chan))