Jealousy & Karma

~Akara's POV~
Day two. At least I don't hate everyone. I sighed deeply then started off to class. The mountain trek was easier today, though Nagisa and Karma had already made it inside before I arrived, panting. I sat down next to Karma, who didn't seem angry anymore. He looked at me like he did the first day. Curious, hard, trying to figure me out. I didn't want a repeat of yesterday morning. When first period ended, Nagisa had gotten up to talk with me at my desk. It surprised me a little, and I could see Kayano trying not to explode in the background. I wanted to laugh at her expression. Then second period started, everyone back at their seats. I felt something burning in my stomach as I caught sight of Nagisa talking with Kayano. What is this feeling? Jealousy?! Kayano sent me a victorious look, as if she had one some kind of condition between us. I snorted and immediately regretted it. "What are you laughing at, bluenette?" Karma whispered into my ear. It made me jump with surprise, since I hadn't noticed him move closer to me. "Kayano. " I said, scorn easily flowing into my voice. I hadn't meant for it to sound like that. "Ooh, is someone jealous?" Karma whispered, which made me blush. "O-of course not!" I whispered back. "You are!" He said playfully, poking my cheek. I puffed up my cheeks, trying to hide my blushing. "Do you want me to tell Nagisa that Kayano is making you jealous?" His voice was soft, but I could hear the normal mischievous tone in it. I pushed him, but he didn't have time to brace himself so he fell onto the floor. "Ow!" He whispered, but I could tell that didn't hurt him at all. I rolled my eyes. He cocked a grin and got back in his chair. Luckily, no one else noticed Karma's fall.

~Nagisa's POV~
I felt a twinge in my stomach. I had been watching Karma talk to Akara all period. The way the blushed made me think he was flirting with her. Then she pushed him out of his chair. All thoughts of flirting were heightened to her flirting back. Jealousy. What a stupid emotion.

Finally it was time for lunch. Maybe I would talk to Akara about it. Maybe not. Either way, I would hear it from Karma.

I sat down next to Akara, carefully putting my lunch in my mouth. She mumbled, between bites," You have the manners of a adult female. " I felt my face heat up a little. "Just kidding. " She said, looking at my flushed face. Karma, who was hiding behind a tree with a grin that made fear strike my gut, gestured with his finger for me to go to him. I blinked at him and debated whether or not to go. He mouthed,' I will scream this out if you don't come here, and I have a feeling it won't end well if I do. ' I quickly got up and excused myself, Akara just did a half-smile then looked back down at her food.

"What is it?!" I hissed, once we were out of earshot of Akara. "Well, you see, I was talking to Akara today. I asked her if Kayano was making her jealous-" He said, I cut him off," Why would she be jealous of Kayano?" He had an annoyed expression," If you'd shut up, I'd tell you." I stuck my tongue out at him and he continued," She was jealous of Kayano talking to you, dummy. " He hit the side of my head. "Ow!" I cried out, then said," Really?" He nodded. "So she..." "Yes. Has a crush on you. I don't think she knows it yet. " "Then how do you know?" "Idiot, it's called asking the right questions. " "Oh. " "Yeah, lunch is about done so join your Juliet before it ends. " "Alri- WAIT WHAT?!" I screamed, and he put his hand over my mouth. I kept mumbling wildly, struggling to speak. Finally he said," You're shortening the time, you moron. " I frowned, but stopped trying to talk. He removed his hand and said," Better? Good. Run along. " He pushed me out from the cover of the tree and towards Akara.

She had stood up, her hair blowing slightly in the wind. I shook my head. I need to get it together. But since Karma told me she had a crush on me, it was hard. I think Karma knew something about me, too, by the way I acted yesterday. He knew something I didn't know myself.

Then the bell rung and lunch was over.