Life (Part 2)

((You can listen to the song while you read. It isn't really a big connection, but I feel like it describes Nagisa and Akara's relationship... Sorta. ))

~Akara's POV~
I paced in the living room, waiting for Nagisa to get home from work. I was filtering through different assassin jobs. My boss had sent me them, in hopes I would choose a few. I was going to talk to Nagisa about it, since he was so overprotective. I sighed, putting the papers down. I glanced at my watch, finding it was 5:30. Nagisa should be home by now. I thought, worry taking over. I pulled out my phone and called him, to my surprise and relief, he picked up immediately.
"Yes?"
"Why aren't you home yet?"
"Oh. I forgot to tell you earlier. The teachers have to stay until 7 for a meeting. It totally slipped my mind. "
"It's okay. Just don't forget next time. I was seriously worried. "
"Yeah... Sorry about that. "
"It's okay. Well, I'll see you at 7. "
"Okay, bye, Sugar. "
"Bye, Raspberry. "
Then I hung up, smiling slightly. He was so forgetful sometimes. I was just glad he was okay.
Well, I've got until 7 before I have to decide... So I'm going to binge watch anime! Akara thought cheerfully and jumping onto the couch. I turned on the TV and started watching the first anime that came on. Eventually, I fell asleep on the couch...

~Nagisa's POV~
I unlocked and opened the door, yawning as I walked into the living room. I smiled at Akara, who was asleep on the couch. I picked her up, carrying her to bed and went to put on my pajamas. When I came back, Akara was wide awake and sitting up in bed.
"You're awake, I see. "
"Yeah... How'd I get in here?"
"How do you think?"
"Oh."
"Yeah, you knucklehead. "
She scowled at me, which made me chuckle. I climbed in bed with her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her closer to me.
"I was just kidding, sugar."
"Sureeee."
I smirked. She was so stubborn but gullible at the same time. What a funny combination.
"I'm being serious. " I said, burying my face in her neck. She sighed, stroking my hair with her free hand. She had begged me not to cut it, so I finally gave in and didn't.
"Oh! Nagisa, I need to show you the jobs my boss sent me."
"You can in the morning. I'm so tired. " I mumbled, pulling her back to my chest when she tried to wiggle away.
"Fine. " She muttered, knowing she wouldn't win.
I smiled into her neck, happy she had given in. After a while, I started drifting off to sleep. Then suddenly, out of the blue, Akara said,
"Nagisa, can we get a cat?"
"Sure. Anything you want, sugar. "
"Really?!"
"Yeah. Just let me sleep. "
She went quiet and all I could hear was her quiet breathing.

I fell asleep, but right before I slipped into sleep I felt Akara get out of bed and heard her walk out of the room.

~Akara's POV~
I sat down at the dining room table, reading over the job offers again. I couldn't decide. There was three of them, all having the same deadline. The money was different, which immediately caught my eye. One was a LOT more than the other two. Most of the time, the assassinations were the same amount. I read further in the information(reading it backwards):
Originally from: U.S.A
Gender: Male
Occupation: Head of a video gaming department
Reason for assassination: Informants say he stole the company by killing the original owner, his father.
Name: Lergo Diamond

My heart was lodged in my throat. Lergo had recently gotten hold of our father's company, since our father's abrupt death.

Oh god.

Oh god.

There was no way around it. Lergo had killed my father, then took over the business. And he was going to die, whether I chose the job or not.
I continued reading, turning to the next page of the job.
Wife: Emilia Diamond
Children: none
The target will not be home from 7 AM to 8 PM, while the wife stays home. She may run errands, but will mostly be at home. Has a sibling living in Japan, but name is unknown.
- - - -
No more information on the target.

I grit my teeth, but decided, I would rather be the one to kill my brother than some stranger or one of my friends. I stood up, pacing back and forth.

I won't show Nagisa the job. I'll accept it, even if Nagisa gets upset with me. I pulled out my phone and dialed my boss' number.
"Hey. I am accepting one of your job offers. "
"Good, good! Which one?"
"Lergo Diamond. "
"Alrighty! I'll put it in. You'll start tomorrow morning. "
"I already have a few ideas."
"Man, you're fast!"
"Yeah, yeah, Raku. "
"Goodnight, Akara-chan. "
"Goodnight, Raku-Sensei. "
I hung up, putting the phone down and sighing. I should've talked to Nagisa...

I stared at the ceiling, debating how I would approach this assassination. Luckily my brother wasn't a un-killable, giant yellow, amazing, octopus. But, he was still my brother. It loomed over me like Korosensei had. Except, Lergo had killed my father. Korosensei hadn't killed anyone close to me.