Rainy's Story

~Rainy's POV~
It's been a year.
A year since my mother broke out of the hospital.
It's my first day of 8th grade. I glanced over at my parents' cat, Yuri. He was an old, spoiled, fat, black cat.
"You're so lucky..." I grumbled at him," You don't have to suffer through school. " He just stared at me with his big green eyes. I sighed, then walked out of my room and slid down the railing of the staircase, that led to the living room and kitchen.
"Rainy! Breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom call. I smiled and said," I could smell it from upstairs. Hopefully it doesn't taste too bad. "
Mom scowled at me," Hurry up and eat before I hit you with this burning hot pan. "
"You would never do that!"
"I don't know, I mean, I kill people for a living. "
We both laughed and I heard my father call," What's with all the yelling?" He came down the stairs, smiling at us.
I looked over at him, giggling as I saw him look at my mother.
No matter how old they got, I swear to God they fell in love with each other again everyday.

~Akara's POV~
I pulled Nagisa closer to me by his arm, smiling slyly. His hair wasn't fixed in pigtails yet, so I-- while embracing him-- carefully fixed his hair for him.

~Nagisa's POV~
I closed my eyes, hugging Akara tightly. I could feel her putting up my hair, making me smile.
I swear, she was always there... And I was so glad she was better. Since she stopped going to the hospital, she had actually gotten a lot better. Kayano told us the reason she got worse was probably from anxiety from being away from her family-- AKA us. Being in the hospital didn't do Akara any good, it just made her condition worse. In the beginning, it was actually dangerous to keep her at home. But then, after that, she would have anxiety attacks whenever Rainy and I would leave. It was bad.

~Rainy's POV~
"Dad! We need to get going or we'll be late!" I said, around a piece of toast and while shoving a plate of scrambled eggs in my mouth.
"Rainy, slow down! You're going to choke!" Momma scolded, frowning at me.
Daddy was chuckling softly.
As I shoved in another bite, I choked-- as Momma had predicted-- and felt tears blossom in my eyes from the sudden reaction.
"Told you. " Momma said, after helping me to stop choking. I scowled. Daddy had been laughing at us almost the whole time, then kissed Momma before saying," We'll be back. I should be home early to check on you, okay, sugar?"
"Okay, my little raspberry. " They kissed again.
Momma has bad anxiety attacks whenever we leave for a long period of time.
She had actually stopped going to work about 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure why... I think her anxiety got worse. She loved her job-- even if she was killing people. She had only been back at her job after her accident for about a month or so.

--TIMESKIP--
~Akara's POV~
I yawned, looking at my watch. Have they really only been gone an hour? I thought, sulking. I was pacing-- a sign that I was starting to have a anxiety attack.
"I hope Rainy is okay... I hope my Nagi is okay..." I thought, millions of scenarios running through my head. I needed to hear his voice.
Right now.
Or I was going to loose it.
I fumbled with my phone, almost dropping it. My breathing quickened. I put the phone to my ear after dialing, waiting for him to pick up the phone.
"Akara?"
"Nagisa..." I said, almost breathlessly," Sorry for bothering you... I was having another anxiety attack..."
"It's okay. I'm on my planning period anyways. Please don't hesitate to call me if it starts to happen again. Remember, I'll be home early today. Around 2:00ish. I told the principal what was going on and she cleared me to leave. "
"I can't wait to see you..." I said, sighing and closing my eyes.
I hate this.
I hate not being able to see him all of the time.
I hate bothering him...
I hate... I hate... I hate the fact I'm like this now...

--TIMESKIP--
When I got home, I found out Momma had another... Attack. It was right before Daddy got home... She had locked herself in their bedroom and she wouldn't calm down. Even with Daddy talking through the door, we could hear her rocking back and forth-- saying incomprehensible things. Finally Daddy got the door open, carefully taking Momma in his arms. She was shaking. It made me upset to see her this way... All I could think about was before the incident... She was so strong, she would barely ever cry. But now, she cried almost every time we left for over an hour. School time was the worst... We almost always found her this way.
Huddled up, shaking, crying, saying scary things, and she always had this blank but terrified look in her eyes.
Daddy usually wouldn't let me be in there... Watching this horrific scene.
I hoped today would be different. I thought Momma would be okay, since we came home early.
Why isn't Momma okay?
She has to be okay...