3. Unwelcome Company

If Alex didn't make it back inside by now, I definitely know he's not going to, not while we've got an angel on our territory.

I'm not too surprised by Castiel showing up. Someone was bound to, eventually, whether intentionally or not.

"You don't look so hot, Castiel," I mock. In fact, he looks rather ill, even for an angel. He's one look away from keeling over, actually. It makes me wonder what's happened since I was exiled to my new life. Why should I worry about them? They abandoned me. They gave up on me, so I gave up on them. I don't care.

"Josette," he rasps tiredly. Hearing my old name really bothers me. He sounds as tired as he looks. He's going to be easy pickings. He looks pathetic. Maybe I can snatch his blade from him and end him quickly. I don't see any weaponry on him just yet, but I know he's packing.

"I didn't realize we were gonna have company," Alex says behind me.

"I didn't either," I say, continuing to watch as the angel stumbles towards us. "You know, I'm sure if you stripped a few layers, you'd feel much better." I wink at Castiel. In turn, I feel Alex's hands on my hips, applying pressure. A sign that he obviously doesn't like what he's hearing. I roll my eyes. "What do we owe the pleasure?"

"I've come to take you home," Castiel says.

I cackle harshly. "Take me home, huh? I'm already here." As further proof, Alex nibbles on the side of my neck. "My home isn't with you."

"Your home isn't with him." The angel is panting lightly. "It's with me, and Sam, and Dean."

"The people who gave up on me?" The venom rises in my voice. "The people who turned their backs on me?"

"They love you, Josette. They worry about you."

"Say the word, and we'll kill him together," Alex purrs in my ear.

"Shh," I hiss. I pull myself away from Alex and move towards Castiel. "I'm not going back with you. You're not going back to them."

"This isn't you, Josette."

"Josette's dead, Castiel. She died a long time ago."

"You and I both know that's not true."

"You're in denial." Reaching a hand out, I see him wince in pain, grab at his head as I give him the pain. It's enough to make him buckle onto his knees on the ground. I show my black eyes to him. "The woman you know doesn't exist anymore. This is who I am now. This is who I'm meant to be."

"No, that's who he wants you to be." Castiel groans in pain. "That's not you. This isn't you." With a feeble effort, I feel his magic push against me. It only makes me stumble back, giving him enough time to get onto his shaky legs. He reluctantly pulls out an angel blade. "I don't want to have to hurt you."

"I wouldn't stress too much." I smirk.

Without any weapons, I attack. Castiel blocks my punches, my kicks. He swings the blade at me just to keep my away from him. He doesn't want to hurt me. His movements are slow, too slow. It's almost annoying. This isn't how I pictured this fight to be.

"Come on, fight, Castiel," I purr as I send him reeling with an uppercut. "Don't give me a pass because I'm a woman. You're a fucking angel. Fight like one."