28.5 - "Let's Go Find That Idiot and Bring Him Home."

28.5 – "Let's Go Find That Idiot and Bring Him Home."

I sit numbly at the table in the bunker. We've had a collection of beer bottles set up at the end of the table. I haven't had a drink since we got back, it's been all Sam and Dean. I'm not in the mood to drink. I'm just in the mood to sulk.

"So, Rowena and Crowley...like mother, like son, huh?" I say bitterly. "They both took exactly one split second to take off when things started going south."

"Yep," says Dean.

"Here," says Sam, handing a beer to Dean. "By the way, what's Rowena doing with Amara?"

"My guess...she's playing the odds. When sucking up to Lucifer didn't work out, maybe she thought Amara was the best bet. Then she heard Lucifer had a shot, so she switched horses again."

"I thought Lucifer had a shot. Apparently, uh, archangel plus God power doesn't trump God's sister."

"But if the thing has to be used by God's chosen, then maybe an archangel who got the boot doesn't qualify. Either way, horn's out of ammo, so..."

"Back to square one," I say.

"Yep."

"Listen," Sam starts carefully, "um...I know I came down on the side of wanting Cas to deal with Amara, so..."

"Well, that's what he wanted, though, right? Besides, didn't we say that we were gonna swear off getting in the way when one person makes a choice the other doesn't agree with?"

"Yeah, um...Yeah, we did say that."

"Well, I guess I missed that meeting," I say.

"Okay. So, that's our policy."

"Which sounds damn good," says Dean. "Well, let's go find that idiot and bring him home." He rolls a ball towards the empty beer bottles but misses. Sighing, I get up and retrieve the ball.

"Let me give it a shot," I say. I line up behind Dean, aiming the ball. Giving it a shove, it rockets across the table, hitting only a few bottles, not the entire collection. "Ah well, better than you at least." I pat his shoulder. "I'm gonna, uh, turn in."

"Wait a sec." Dean grabs my hand before it can leave his shoulder.

"If you ask I'm alright, so help me, Dean..."

"It's not about that."

"Is it about what Lucifer keeps saying about me?" I sigh. "Look, like I told you before, it's to mess with us. That's all that it is. What he's implying, it's not real. If it were, I'd have known, and I would've shown so many signs by now that it wouldn't be funny."

"We're gonna get him back, Jo. We will."

"Look, just, just stay out here with us," Sam insists, giving me soft puppy eyes. "It'll give us some peace of mind."

"To what, watch me mope like a kicked puppy?" I tease bitterly.

"Nah, we're gonna do some beer bowling." Sam gets up and resets the bottles. "Got to have some silver lining out of today, right?"

"I guess so."

"Come on, it's the only fun we can make in here."

"If you say so."

I put on a good enjoyable face for my brothers for the beer bowling. For a fleeing moment, I do enjoy myself. But the moment is gone when I think about Amara and Cas and Lucifer. Where they can possibly be. What she can be doing to them both. What she has planned for them. What she has planned for us.

When I line up my shot, I find myself touching my stomach. I shake myself out of it. He's using words to get to me, to us. He's lying. Besides, I would know if I was.

**Hmm...if Jo's not showing signs, does this disprove Luci's words he's been subtly throwing in now and again?**

Legacy (Supernatural) [Rogue Trilogy] {3}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara