26. Urgent Care

26. Urgent Care

I pull my angel blade out from the Impala as Sam climbs out.

"Go ahead, I'll catch up," he says.

Reluctantly, I leave my little brother behind as I run through the Urgent Care doors. I'm literally five seconds inside when I hear the high-pitch scream. Even though I have no navigation through this place, I make the best of it and run towards the scream. We could be too late. Corbin could've already gotten to Dean, or someone else.

I hear the all-too-familiar noises of a fight and use those to find my way. The second I see a small person rush right by me, I know I've got the right place. I turn to her, to find it's Michelle, cowering in fear.

"Where is he?" I ask her calmly.

"Your brother...Please don't kill him!" she pleads as I take off in the direction she just came running in.

I round a corner and find Dean being chucked away by Corbin, and two dead bodies, a sheriff and a doctor. I whistle, and Corbin turns to me. I start a bit, seeing how transformed he is, from his eyes to his claws that he now has. But then I refocus: he tried to kill Sam. He's a werewolf. He needs to go. I hope this blade counts as silver.

"Boy, you're in some deep shit," I shout, calming crossing my way through the hall. I watch warily as Dean tries to get himself up off the clean Urgent Care floor. "I know what you did."

"Do you now?" Corbin taunts me. "Well, then, I guess this means I gotta kill you too."

Corbin bares his teeth before he and I collide. I use the angel blade to block his claws from scratching me up. The claws won't turn a person, but the bite of a werewolf most certainly can. The teeth are what I need to watch out for.

My arms get scratched up after Corbin knocks the blade out of my hands and sends it sliding down the hallway. He growls, throttling me and sending us both to the floor. I block his one swipe, but my face catches the brunt of the second. I hold in the scream and do all in my power to keep his fangs from biting into me. I can feel the blood weeping out of my face.

"You're not getting away with this," I hiss. This time I cry out, my other cheek gets claws dug into it. "You lost her."

"She just doesn't see it yet."

I roll onto my side as Corbin is grabbed off me by Dean. I look around for my blade, but it's too far away for me to reach it and then help Dean before Corbin gets the better of him. I get to my feet, seeing the werewolf on top of my older brother.

Bang.

I hear Michelle scream from down the hall as I see Corbin's body collapse on Dean. I spin around, finding my weary little brother, with his weapon raised. His left hand is protecting the wound on his stomach.

"Took you long enough," says Dean, as he pushes Corbin's limp body off him.

I go to Sam and ease him onto the floor. "Well, at least we can get you fixed up here."

Sam's eyes widen. "Jo..."

"Yeah, I know, my face. How deep do they look?"

"One set looks worse."

"Well, I guess that means they'll need stitches." I turn my head at hearing Michelle sob in the corner. A dizzy spell washes over me, and I find myself planting a seat next to Sam.