37. "Welcome to the End."

"Chuck?" I whimper. I squeak in pain, seeing drops of my own blood paint the power plant floor. Damn it. Come on, Chuck. You're not dead yet. Zap us out of here! He doesn't respond.

I can feel some sort of magic trying to heal me, but it's not working. The bleeding isn't stopped, nor is the gash healing. Tears sting my eyes. My little girl is already trying so hard to keep her mom safe. I'm so sorry, baby. I should've ran when they told me to. Now, I'm gonna get us both killed because of my stupidity. I'm so, so sorry.

"No. Amara, what have you done?" Dean asks in horror.

"He's dead," I sob. "God's dead."

"No," says Amara. "He's dying, just like you are." I scream as I feel my wounds being pulled open further, like she's pulling my skin off of me. "My brother will dim and fade away into nothing. But not until he sees what comes next. Not until he watches this world, everything he created, everything he loves turn to ash. Welcome to the end."

Amara disappears into thin air, leaving a broken and bloody team. Chuck is dying, I'm bleeding out. But at least my skin isn't being pulled apart further anymore. The pain isn't growing, it's in a mild sting all across my body now. I start to shake.

Grunting, I stand on my feet, glancing down at the angel blade. I guess she doesn't need it. It's a cruel reminder of what's happened here. I'm swaying slightly, seeing black swim in my vision. I glance over at Chuck, who still has yet to wake up from his vicious attack from his sister.

"Check on him," I hear Dean say to Sam.

My little brother walks right past me, as though I don't exist, kneeling by Chuck. "Hey. Chuck? Hey, can you hear me?"

I let out a breath of relief as Chuck rolls onto his back. Hissing, I feel my legs begin to tremble violently. My breaths are wet now, shallow. I touch my lips to find blood staining them too. Did she cut that deep?

I turn to Dean, or what I think is Dean—my vision has blurred now. My pulse is all that I hear as I fall onto my back, feeling the impact amplified tenfold more than normal. I close my eyes, hearing some sort of high-pitched white noise that's definitely not the sound of an angel by a long shot.

In the midst of it all, I can feel warm contact on my face and on my chest. I can hear my breathing, how bad it sounds. How it proves that I'm dying. How my baby is dying. No. Not her. She hasn't even been born yet. If I die, she has no chance of living. She won't be able to see the world. But at this point, will she, even if I live? If Amara gets her way, none of us will live to see another day.

"Josette?" I hear a familiar gruff voice, but it sounds so far away. "Josette? Please. Don't be...Don't go."

My eyes flutter open, and for a brief moment, I forget where I am. But when I see the face hovering over me, I start. And when I start, I realize I don't feel any pain. I search the familiar ocean eyes that are watching me worriedly.

"L-Lucifer?" I swallow.

The face relaxes. "No. Try again."

My mouth parts in relief, and I find a bubble of laughter escape. "Cas." I reach up and touch his face with a bloody hand. "Cassie. It's really you, right?"

"Yes, it's me." I feel his hand under my back, and we carefully get me sitting upright. A small dizzy spell overcomes me, and I find myself leaning into Cas. Cas, not Lucifer. Amara must've done something to Lucifer. Good riddance.

I look at my stained clothes. I pull apart the torn fabric. Instead of seeing a deep cut, I see skin that's never been torn open in the first place. He's really back. I place a hand over my stomach, waiting with bated breath and more tears ready to fall.