33. Operation: Spring Lucifer

"I can't be a prophet," Donatello insists in the backseat of the Impala. We're on our way back to the bunker. "I'm an atheist and a chemist! I-I believe in molecules, not God."

"Well, aren't you in for a shock," I mutter under my breath.

"All right, well, we're pretty sure that prophets don't even know they're in the game until they've actually been touched by God, so..." Dean trails off.

"I-I was touched by God?"

"Or possibly his sister, Amara," I say.

"He has family?"

"Yeah," says Sam. "She wants him gone so she can annihilate the universe. That's the headline."

Donatello's face loses its color. "What?"

"And since you might have a hotline to her, we're hoping you can help us find her," Dean adds.

"W-why would you want to find her?"

"We got to rescue this guy she's holding," I say, looking out the window at the blurs of the scenery we pass.

"Who is it?"

"Lucifer. Her nephew. Who's possessing an angel at the moment." The angel who I love and who is about to be a father in a few months' time.

"Oh." Spooked, Donatello attempts to tuck and roll out of the moving car by jiggling the handle. He looks at the other door, which I'm guarding. I give him an attempt-I-dare-you look.

"Both are locked," I say proudly. "Sometimes we keep the monsters in the back."

"I—I—I can't do this!"

"Yeah, you can."

"No, I promise you I can't."

"Look, we can't force you to do this," says Dean. "You've got to want this."

"It—it's like asking me to believe in Santa Claus."

"Oh, well, actually—"

"Dean, not now," Sam cuts him off.

"Okay, look, we—we're not asking you to believe that this is true, just as like you do. People do it all the time."

I watch Donatello curiously as he stills. I see his body shudder. "What?" I ask him.

"I—I-I don't know. I—I think I'm sensing something. Something big."

"Like Amara?"

"I don't think so. Although, how would I know? Could it be...Him?"

Judging by the fact that we're back at the bunker, it's safe to assume that Donatello felt Chuck's presence, not Amara's, which brings great relief to me.

Dean and I step into the bunker first to find Chuck in the war room, watching TV via Dean's laptop. He's also eating takeout, which makes me crave any food we've got running around (not literally, of course) in the kitchen here.

"Hey, Chuck," I greet him. "We, uh, found someone. We think he's the next prophet."

"Neat-o."