18. Jody Mills' Home for Wayward Girls

"Oh, good, the mother hen brought home the bacon," I tease Dean as he enters the bunker library with a plastic bag in hand. I'm sitting at the table with Sam, peeking on his laptop.

"You know, you've gotten your attitude back since you've been better," Dean notes. "Not sure that I like that."

"I wouldn't be me if I didn't rag on you." I smile.

"Did you catch us a case?"

"Uh, no," says Sam. "Get this. Some dude took a picture of a weasel riding a flying woodpecker. Midair. It's kinda nuts."

"So, I'm guessing there's nothing on the Amara meter either."

"Uh, no. I'm starting to think that God's psycho sister has gone to ground. What about you, you hear from Cas?"

"No."

"He told me he was checking into something to draw her out," I admit. "But it's been radio silence since then."

"Yeah. All this quiet's starting to wake me up," says Sam.

Dean pulls out the food from the bag, sitting it on the table. My eyes bug. That's a crap ton of food. I lick my lips, tempted to reach and snag it for myself.

"What the hell is that?" asks Sam.

"That? That's the Elvis."

"Elvis?" I ask curiously.

"Mhm."

I get out of my seat, moving closer to the food. I reach out to touch it. "Is that a—?"

"That's a glazed donut. Two, actually. One topside, one on the bottom. Now, your inferior versions, they'll just take one donut, split it right down the middle. Mm-mm." Dean clicks his tongue. "Boom!" He blows the sandwich a kiss.

"Someone's in love," I tease, pulling the sandwich closer. "God, people can die from just staring at it."

"All right, well uh, I hope you enjoy it," says Sam, looking amused at me. "Wow."

I notice Dean looks offended by our little brother's refusal. "You know there are starving children out there," he says.

"Dude, I'm not gonna survive hundreds of monster attacks to get flatlined by some double donut monstrosity."

"The Elvis!"

"Whatever! How many calories are in that thing?"

"Screw it, I'm trying it," I say, figuring out the best way to hold this monster. In the meantime, Dean's phone rings. I take a bite, and stuff spills out. "Sammy, you're missing out. The perfect mixture of salty and sweet."

"Okay, what's gotten into you?"

I wipe my face of crumbs. "What? It's food. It's not gonna go to waste if you want to be a rabbit, Dean and I will wolf it down."

"I didn't think you were on his eating habits."

I shrug. "We can't really be too choosy about what we take in." I take another bite. "Dear lord, this is awesome."

"Hey, if you want me to, I can leave so you can get busy with it. I promise I won't tell Cas of this affair."

I stick my tongue out at Sam, who recoils from seeing the food on my tongue. I giggle. "Don't knock it 'til you try it, Sammy."