32. Donatello, The Prophet (Not the Ninja Turtle)

Things feel way different in the bunker. For one thing, I notice I'm packing on a few more pounds than normal—not a total surprise. What is a surprise, is Chuck housing himself with Sam, Dean, and myself. He seems to be getting pretty comfortable. I'm not quite sure that's a good thing, hard to say right now.

Since I feel bloated, I've donned baggy clothing that I've been sleeping in the past few nights. My feet scuff the bunker floor as I make my way out to one of the main areas. I find Sam on his laptop, and he greets me with a tired smile.

"Sleep any?" he asks.

"Look, I know I'm pregnant and all, but, you don't need to feel obligated to ask every few hours, Sam," I joke half-heartedly. I feel a kick in my stomach. Since Chuck helped my baby come out of her shell so to speak, she's been more vocal. She. It's a she. He said so. I can't believe I'm taking God's word on the gender of my baby that supposedly was hiding from me for months.

I don't understand how that's possible until I remember that Cas isn't human, and that I am. I'll have to look into the lore on hybrid children.

I walk over to Sam, resting my arms over his shoulders, putting my chin on the top of his head. I'm glancing down at the screen. "So, nothing?"

"Not a thing."

"Hey, sunshine, look who beat me out of bed," is Dean's greeting to me. "Anything?"

"Nada," Sam repeats, accepting the drink Dean offers him. "Thanks."

"Let me guess, I'm on a special diet," I mock my older brother.

"Hey, you got to watch yourself," says Dean.

"I'm pregnant, not on quarantine." That's another thing that's been different: Sam and Dean and their interaction with me. How calmly they just accepted that their sister is pregnant and has been since...I honestly can't remember how far along I am. I certainly can't go by my appearance.

I guess when God's sister, aka the Darkness, is threatening the world, that takes top priority over news like a Winchester's pregnancy.

"You know, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but, for once, I actually wish Rowena was here," Sam admits. "I mean, maybe she could track down Amara. She's done it before."

"Yeah, but you can bet she and the Book are gonna stay stashed until this whole thing is over," says Dean. "Where's Chuck?"

I shrug. "Sleeping in, I guess. Lucky him."

"Does God sleep?"

"I know he takes really long showers." I frown slightly.

"Right, and sings, too—like, crappy old folk songs. I had to tell him to cool it three times."

"You told God to cool it?"

"Yeah, I sleep."

"So do I, but you don't see me sassing him."

"You already did by bitch-slapping him twice."

"Guess he's not in a wrathful mood, otherwise we'd be dust or ash or something."

"You know, I know this is a really strange situation and all, but it's also really amazing, you know?" Sam babbles. "I mean, it's God. There's so many things I want to ask him, uh, like, uh, t-the planets, you know? Why are they round? Or ears. I always thought they were strange—"