Chapter 31

Harry's POV

I don't think twice about it as I leave the house. I have to go to Lucy. I'm not sure what she will do but I have to protect her from herself. I love her.

I ring at her door but her mother opens.

"Hello. Is Lucy here?" I ask way too worried.

"Uhm no. She just went outside for a walk." Her mother smiles at me. Fuck, she doesn't suspect anything.

"Shit.. Uhm.. thank you." I turn around and I'm about to walk away.

"Harry?" I turn around again. I don't have time for this bullshit right now. I know that every second counts now.

"Is everything okay between the two of you?" I nod.

"Uhm yes. It will." She smiles at me. I don't know where to go to look for her but I have to find her.

Lucy's POV

I don't know how many pills I've taken now. I feel so different and I can't think clear but it feels good. The beer bottle is half empty and I usually don't drink alcohol.

I sitll have a hand full of pills I didn't take yet. It's cold here outside and I'm glad that there aren't any people so nobody can save me.

I'm already feeling sick but I guess that's normal if you're about to die.

"Lucy?" Shit. Who's that? I can't see clearly but it looks so familiar.

Harry's POV

She just sits there on the cold ground. In her hand she holds a beer bottle and in the other there are pills. Many pills. I'm so glad that I finally found her. I immediately kneel down beside her on that cold concrete.

"How... how did you find me?" It's hard for her to hold her eyes open and she looks confused.

"What are you doing Lucy? Please don't -" I try to take away her beer bottle and the pills but she still seems strong.

"Those are mine." She smiles a bit.

"Lucy... where do you have that many pills?! Did you already take some of them?" She just shrugs her shoulders.

"I... from home and.. the chemistry."

"Oh my god. Did you already take one of those pills?" I don't know what to do and I hate the fact that she's not giving me any direct answers.

"One? No. About... ten? Twenty? I don't know." Lucy chuckles but nothing of that is fucking funny.

"Lucy. I love you. Please stand up and I'll bring you back home now." I try to comfort her.

"You don't love me. Nobody loves me." I take her beer bottle and throw it away.

"Hey what are you doing? Are you stupid?" She suddenly starts screaming at me and I shake my head.

"No, I am not. I just wanna save you."

"From who?"

"Yourself." She bursts out into laughter.

"Nobody can save me from myself." I shake her other hand so the pills are falling on the ground.

"I can. Stand up now." I stand up and reach for her hand but she closes her eyes again.

"I'm so tired Harry. Please let me sleep for a while." She lays down on the ground.

She can't do that. She can't die now. I need her.

I guess she already took too many pills.

"Lucy?" I scream her name but it seems like she's far away now. This is clearly more than a sleep.

"Lucy? I'm calling the ambulance now." I take my phone and my hand is shaky. I do that all for her. To save her. And I hope it isn't too late.

-

"We'll be here in a few minutes. Try to wake her up."

"Lucy? The ambulance is coming in a few minutes. Please don't leave me. I love you. Stay strong."

I take her head and she is cold. I remove my jacket to keep her warm.

"Don't go." I say again. Her breathing goes slower.

"Baby..." A tear runs down my cheek. She can't leave me. She's not allowed to and I can't live without her.

Why aren't there any people?

I hear a loud noice. That's the ambulance! Finally!

"Lucy? The ambulance is coming now. They will save you."