80.

Flashback

September 27, 2002

Bri.

"Sabrina get up now! You're going to be late." I heard my mom yell.

I just laid in bed staring at my ceiling. Why did we have to move to Tappahannock? Why do I have to go to a new school.

"Sabrinaaaaaaa. Get up before I come drag you out that bed!"

"I'm up!" I yelled back.

I sat up and just looked around my new room. I miss my old house. But my dad said we had to get out of Richmond because it wasn't safe anymore. I heard bad things about Tappahannock too.

Why couldn't we move to Virginia Beach. Maybe I'd be happier.

I got up and walked into my bathroom and jumped in the shower. I planned on making myself late. I don't care what my mom says right now.

After my long shower, I got out and did my hair and got dressed. I looked at the clock on my desk and it was 9:05.

Yes I'm late!

I grabbed my stuff and headed down to the kitchen and sat at the table

"I should let you go to school hungry since you made yourself late on purpose." My mom said.

"Whatever." I mumbled while rolling my eyes. "Where's dad?"

"Taking his Bar exam."

My dad just graduated from Law school. I'm so proud of him.

My mom placed my food in front of me. I just looked at her small baby bump. She's 3 months pregnant. I can't believe she waited 12 years to have a kid.

"Hurry up and eat."

I grabbed a piece of bacon and ate it and grabbed my biscuit and took a bite. Then I finished my orange juice..

"Finished." I said.

She looked at my plate that was barely touched and shook her head.

"Let's go."

I grabbed my book bag and rushed out the house and climbed into my moms car in the backseat.

My mom eventually came out and got in the car.

"I really think you're going to like it here Bri. I know you didn't want to leave your friends. Maybe once your daddy starts his new job we can move to Virginia beach."

"Can I just start school tomorrow? I'll go to work with you."

"Look if you go today I'll take you shopping once I get home." She said.

"You promise?"

"Yes."

"Alright."