5~ Got Secrets?

Scarlet. Scarlet. Scarlet."

My head finally whipped up as I glared at Daisy in the seat behind me. She was smirking, the pencil in her hand tapping against the side of her desk obnoxiously loud.

"What?" I mouthed, knowing very well that Ms. Wilkson would yell the second she saw us talking.

"Issac's going to ask you out at lunch." She did this weird yell/whisper thing that made me question whether or not the teacher could hear us. I put my finger to my lips, but couldn't stop my heart from pounding against my chest.

River had gone through with it? Issac Perry was going to ask me out!

"How do you know?" I mouthed, but Daisy only frowned in response, obviously not able to read my lips. I gestured toward my phone and quickly sent her a text. She laughed, looking up from her phone.

"Genevieve told Max that she heard from some girl in band that Issac was going to ask you out at lunch." I sighed quietly, starting to calm down.

It was nothing but a rumor, which meant it was probably unlikely that River had gone through with it. I mean, why would he? He was River Moore, the quarterback, the perfect poster boy. If he really needed a place to stay, I'm sure more then a few girls at the school would agree to let him.

"You okay? I thought you'd be happier." Daisy asked from behind me, loud enough that Ms. Wilkson looked up and gave us a disapproving look.

"I'm fine." I mouthed before burying my face back into my textbook, my mind starting to drift elsewhere. When I was finally able to clear my head I focused on the horrible Calculus in front of me, pushing any thoughts of River or Issac away before they could become anything more.

*

I heard Daisy gasp from where she sat on the table in front of me, the apple dropping from her hand.

"Issac's coming this way, chica. Sit up straighter." I listened to my best friend's words and pushed a lock of my dark hair behind my ear as I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

"Scarlet." I saw Daisy start fanning herself as she smiled at the boy in front of us, winking at me when she caught my eyes.

"I. . . um. . . I. . ." I feel like a dumb cliché girl from any young adult book ever. How could I not talk to Issac? I'd had a conversation with him a few weeks ago for almost two hours, what had changed?

"Issac, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Daisy and obviously you know Scarlet. As you know, she has a few brothers that love to pick on her. I think one of them might have caused her to hit her head too hard. Please forgive her." I didn't know whether to laugh at Daisy's words or to thank her, so I gave her a smile and slowly turned around.

Issac stood a few feet away, his hands tucked into the pockets of his torn black jeans. My eyes trailed up his body until they met his beautiful brown ones, making me freeze like a statue again a second later.

"So I know you like The Pretty Reckless and I have a couple tickets to their concert this weekend. I was wondering if you wanted to come." I nodded before I knew what I was doing, earning me a smirk from Daisy.

"Okay, great. So I'll pick you up at eight Friday night?" He ran a hand through his thick, long black hair until I finally nodded again and stood up.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself to speak.

"That would be great." He offered me his phone. I didn't understand why until Daisy gestured toward my own on the table behind me. I quickly dialed in my number and handed it back to him.