27~ Eye of The Storm Pt 2

"River, stop!"

I was out of breath before I could get to the driveway. It was times like right now that I wished I had taken advantage of running track at school and keeping with it.

He either didn't hear me or ignored my protest, because he grabbed Issac by the collar of his shirt, growling something.

"River!" I gasped again, my eyes drifting toward my house. Where were my brothers when I needed them?

". . . you little prick. Are we fucking clear?" Issac, to my surprise, started laughing.

"You really think I'm scared of you, Moore? You're all bark and no bite." I grabbed at River's arm, shaking my head.

"It isn't worth it, River. Please don't." I pleaded, trying to pull him away.

"Oh come on, Scarlet, baby. I wanna fight!" Issac sent me a grin, revealing just how drunk he was.

"River-"

"Just go inside." He grunted out, not even looking at me.

"Scarlet, babe. We could just head back to my place and there won't be a fight. I'm sure that you aren't a virgin anymore." I gritted my teeth, turning my eyes away from him.

"Let's just go, River. I want to go eat." I lied, lacing my fingers through his, "Please." He shook me off and finally turned to look.

"Please, Carls. Let me take care of this bastard for you. Then he'll leave you alone and-"

"Don't listen to him, Scarlet. He just wants to get in your pants." Issac cut in. I whipped around and gave him a confused look.

"Isn't that all you want to do?" I asked. He shrugged, yawning as if this whole thing was boring to him.

"I don't know. It depends. I've heard Moore here talk. He would tell his friends the only reason he hung around your family was because he felt bad for your brother dying." I didn't react for a moment, I was trying to process what he said and if it could possibly be true.

"The asshole had it coming, anyway." Issac added quietly. Before I could move, River threw himself passed me and threw the first punch at Issac. I let out a quiet whimper, knowing better then to try and get in between them. I'd done it once and it had resulted in me getting punched in the face.

"River!" I yelled, "Please, stop!" My cry only seemed to weaken him. He froze for a second, but in that second Issac threw blow after blow until River collapsed to the ground.

"Stop!" I screamed, pushing Issac away, "Stop it!" All I wanted was one of my brothers to come out here and break it up, scare away Issac.

"Move." River hissed behind me, wiping blood from his nose. "Move, Scarlet." I tried to turn around and reason with him, but he pushed me behind him and launched himself at Issac again before I could.

I quickly dialed Collin's number, tapping my foot impatiently.

"Carls? What's up?" It sounded like he was driving.

"River. . . Issac. . . fight. . . outside. . ." I could barely get a coherent word out as I watched River fall to the ground again, this time dragging Issac down with him.

"What? Scarlet, where are you?" Collin replied, surprised.

"Home." I breathed out before taking off to try and break up the fight again. Issac had River on the ground, and for a moment all I could do was stare.

This was River, the guy that fought for a living, getting beaten up by Issac Perry. Was he holding back?

"River." I whimpered, my eyes wide, "River, just come back here." I watched both boys freeze. River took advantage of Issac's shock and switched positions so Issac was under him again. It was then that I saw the Fighter part of River kick in. He was punching either side of Issac's face repeatedly, even after he was out cold.