29~ What Time Cannot Erase

"So how was it?"

Daisy was staring at me from where she sat in the passengers seat of the car. River sent her a worried look in the rear view mirror.

"How was what?" He asked. I blushed, turning my face away form them both before they could see it.

"Sex, duh!" Daisy said, as if it were as obvious of a question to answer as why boys and girls are different.

"It was amazing." River said, winking at me when he saw my head snap up, "You didn't tell Caleb, did you?" He added quickly, his eyes trained on the road in front of us. Daisy had kicked her feet up on to the back of my seat, rolling her eyes.

"Of course not. I may be a bitch sometimes, but Scarlet is one of my best friends, so of course I wouldn't say anything. I love how lowly you think of me, River." She went back to texting what I assumed was my brother as River shook his head and smiled.

"She's a handful." He said. I laughed, hearing Daisy gasp in the back seat.

"She can be." I answered, resting my head against the window, "But you'll learn to get used to it after a while."

**

Daisy went on with her crazy questions all day, asking them any time she could. I would answer them quietly or not at all, but by the end of the day I finally found myself telling her pretty much what happened, without getting too graphic.

"Oh my God! My best friend is finally a woman!" She cried, pumping her fist into the air, "I'm so happy for you, Carls. I'm glad River turned out to be a good guy. Because I was about to go all Kung Fu Panda on his ass." We both started laughing, me a little more so then her.

"Yeah, because River Moore would totally be scared of a 5'2 sixteen year old girl." I replied, shaking my head in amusement as we walked out to Caleb's car.

"I am a hundred and fifteen pounds of pure fury, chica. So watch it!" I laughed again as Caleb slipped off the back of his car, smiling at the both of us.

"What's so funny?" He asked, throwing his arm around Daisy. As I stood in front of them, looking at my brothers face as he looked down at Daisy, I knew for a fact that the relationship had gone far behind one of Caleb's typical friends with benefits. He actually liked Daisy, maybe even loved her.

"Nothing. I better get going, Cal. River's waiting for me." I started to back away, waiting for my brother to call after me, to scold me for being with River, but he only nodded and went back to talking to Daisy.

"You need a ride, beautiful?" One of River's friends asked, slipping his phone back into his pocket.

"No. I'm waiting for my boyfriend, actually." I responded, hoping he would take the hint.

"You're River's girlfriend, aren't you?" He asked, earning a nod out of me. I was relieved, this guy wasn't going to sit here and give me a hard time.

"Damn, how did he manage to get Caleb's little sis? I seriously need some pointers from that dude." I smiled just as River's car pulled up and a honk broke through whatever I had been about to reply with.

"Hope you aren't harassing her, Hank." River said, walking around the car. "Because then I might have to kick your ass." They did some kind of guy hug and a fist pump before River walked over and tried to slip my backpack from my shoulder.

"No." I poked his chest with a smile, "I can carry it myself." He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand.

"Come on." He said something I couldn't quite hear to Hank before opening the door to his car and gesturing for me to get in.

"Carls, you've got a hickey on your neck." He whispered, kissing me with a crooked smile. I reached for my neck, pulling the mirror down. I whirled around, slapping his arm as hard as I could.

"Don't scare me like that." I snapped. He grinned, starting the car. He took my hand into his own free one and didn't say a word the rest of the way back to my house.

**

"I'm taking a tour of the University tomorrow." River said, kissing my forehead, "It looks like I may be running into Collin a lot." He was smiling up at the ceiling, one arm rested under his head and the other around me.

"That's awesome." I replied, laying my hand on his chest, "Then both of my favorite people will only be a couple hours away." I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed.

"I'm going to miss you, Carls. And Ryan." He let out a shaky breath, "Hell, I'll probably even miss high school." I looked up at him, frowning.

"Are you still fighting?" I asked, not sure if I really wanted to know the answer.

"Not really. Ellisa said I should keep myself off of Jeff's radar. So I just told my Aunt that I couldn't really afford to take care of Ryan all the time." I nodded. "But, I did get a knew job." He actually sounded pleased with himself.

"Where?"

"Mickey D's." He started laughing at the look on my face.

"You got a job at McDonalds? Seriously?" He shrugged, still smiling as he calmed down.

"It was the best I could do right now. I thought you'd be happy." I laid my head back down on his chest, yawning.

"I am happy, River." I started to say something else, but I heard it become nonsense only a few seconds before I drifted off to sleep.

**

I woke up to the sound of a bed creaking.

"Can't they keep it down?" I heard River grumble, like he knew I had just woke up.

"How do you know we weren't that loud?" I asked, yawning.

"I'm sure you were." River sounded like he was on the verge of laughing, "You were loud." I slapped his arm, rolling over so I wasn't facing him any more.

"Don't be mad." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling my body back against his, "I thought you moaning my name was sexy. Screw it if your brothers heard." I wanted to get mad, but I felt a smile stretch across my face against my will.

"We could-"

"Nope." I cut River off before he could get any further, "We aren't doing anything." I heard him sigh. He turned me around so I was looking at him, his blue eyes filled with amusement.

"Then let's have some serious pillow talks right now." I snorted but slowly started to nod in agreement.

"I love you, River." I whispered, lacing my fingers through his.

"I know." He responded with a lopsided grin, "And I love you too."

***AN***

Sorry for such a short chapter. There is only a chapter and the epilogue left. 

Oh my goodness, guys I can'y believe it's pretty much over. My babies :'(

I hope you enjoyed!

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24