Chapter two

Chapter two

Sadly my house was still in darkness. But there was a bright side I still had Marshall with me. As we carried in the bags somehow my lights flick on. Did Marshall install automatic lights?

"SURPRISE, WELCOME HOME MOMMY!" I jumped almost having a heart attack giving a slight yelp.

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed, breathless almost.

Hailie and Laney have changed a lot over the years. Laney has darker hair now almost like mine. Hailie has matured from a seventeen year old to a beautiful young lady. Whitney had some dramatic changes too, no more curly top hair and she starting to catch up with her sisters in age. And Ronnie, the youngest of my bunch has grown to a young man and already starting fourth grade.

They all stand in a row in front of the stair case. "I thought you told me they were at your mother's?" I turned to Marshall.

Marshall laughed, "Some of this plan was true some wasn't". The children lined up to give me a hug and a kiss each, then going over to Marshall.

After everyone said their hellos; some went to bed and others stayed up and went into their rooms. I on the other hand, had no time to waste I had to finish a report for work the next day and the choice was losing the report or losing the four hours of sleep. I hated to abandoned my husband in bed again.

Marshall's P.O.V.

The pain was unbearable and I began what it felt like tossing and turning, my body began to shake violently and I found myself talking in my sleep. My eyes popped opened-a dream it was only a dream. I sighed out of relief wiping the sweat from my face. I turned my head slowly to notice Natalia was not in bed. Did my nightmares wake her up again?

The house was quite, the small night light in the kitchen gave off enough light to brighten the hall way and dimly brighten the first couple of steps on the stair case. The kids all had their doors cracked or completely closed. Ronnie must've fallen asleep with the TV on. I casually and quietly made my way to his room and made sure he was well asleep before tucking him in and turning off the TV.

At the sight of my nine year old boy, I couldn't help too smile to myself. At first he was everything of me, now he is everything of Natalia. Well, expect for the hair. The blonde hair belongs to me and his somewhat fair complexion belongs to me as well. Once summer starts his skin will turn the shade of Natalia's and his hair will be a dirty blonde. I gave him a little kiss on his cheek,

"Good night son" I whispered.

After I calmly and quietly shut Ronnie's door, I noticed a small light at the end of the hall coming from the studio. I sighed, Natalia is working again. I causally made my way to the room. The entire room was dark expect for the little desk light Natalia had on. She was startled by the sound of the creaking door as it opened.

She turned around and gave me a smile.

"Why aren't you in bed?" She asked softly. I remembered the nightmare I had but I won't tell her that.

"I couldn't sleep". I put my hands in the pockets of my basketball shorts.

"Was it because I wasn't there again?"

"A little" I sat at my desk across from her.

"I'm sorry I just have a lot going on the interview was at the last minute..." she stuttered on her words.

I chuckled to myself grasping her hands, "You work with me, and I work with you". In other words, she has slept plenty of nights without me I should not be complaining. She gave me a soft smile dropping the pen on the desk and taking my hands.

"Now I know how you feel sleeping without me when I'm away" I said quietly. The room had a dream like feeling too it, time has stopped. It was just me and her, nobody else.

"I missed you" she whispered. "I missed you too".

It felt like hours before we said anything, the tension became too much. "Baby..." I mumbled. She smiled as she placed a couple of kisses onto my palms. The tension began to build up inside of me I felt like I was going to burst. My heart raced and my body began to feel like it was on fire.

My breathing suddenly became heavy, "Honey you ok?" Natalia asked. I blacked out; I picked her up into my arms and carried her onto the sofa. The tension was released out of me. I dig my lips into hers feeling the excitement rise even more inside of me. She raised her arms above her head as I gently grasped her hands.

"I missed you" I growled in between the kisses, making my way to her neck. I felt the tension grow out of control. Her leg curled over my back while her hand laid on the top of my head.

"I missed you too" she said.

Her voice left chills down my spine and my arms. The tension was at its peak with me.

--

Feeling Marshall's body against mine was a dream come true. Two weeks without him is a life time. I felt my entire body was set on fire. The room grew hot even when with the central air and the dim light. The report can wait, I wanted my husband. My lower body jerked up by Marshall pulling it to his torso.

"Well, maybe I should go away more often" I kidded. Marshall was out of breath, placing one kiss on my cheek

"You can be away for months, come home I'll be here waiting for you" he said breathlessly. I pulled his head back too mine, crushing our lips together.