Chapter thirty-five

Chapter thirty-five

            The following week, Laney, Hailie, Whitney and Ronnie were back in school. Natalia was going back to the office.

“Good morning” I said, placing a kiss on her cheek, as I walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning” she said, softly, hinting something was wrong, something was wrong, she was still in her PJs and she has to be at work within the next hour.

“Why are still in your PJs?” I asked, popping in some bread in the toaster.

“I’m afraid” she said, her voice sending chills down my spine.

            Natalia, afraid, having Ronnie softened her greatly. “Afraid?” “Afraid of what?” I asked sitting next to her. She explained the strange break ins within her office. It left me unsettled, scared for my wife.

“Work from home, you’ve done it before” I said, sternly, with a hint of fear.

“I can’t Marshall; I have to go…” she said hopelessly. “I have conferences anyway.” She mumbled. I grasped her hand tightly, in fear for her life.

“Nothing will happen to me, Marshall…I’ll be ok” she whispered. I gripped her hand tightly, “I know.”

            Natalia went to work; I was left alone, until I went to the studio to show Dre my new song. The excitement was overwhelming but I kept a straight face.

“Good morning, Eminem!”

“G’ Morning, Julie” I said, giving a half smile.

“Alright! Alright! Let’s do this!” I shouted coming into the studio. Dre was taken aback by my new attitude.

“Well, Slim…” he smiled. Dre and I shake hands, honestly I felt like hugging him.

            The work day flowed like magic, I tried hard to concentrate on my work but my mind kept referring back to Natalia. Around lunch I might buy her flowers. I know that will make her feel better about her new office.

“Ok, let’s call it lunch time!” Dre said clapping his hands together and grabbing his wallet. I jumped off the chair and dodged to the door. My stomach growled and gurgled loud enough for people to hear.

            Holding my phone to my ear, “Hey baby…How is the new office?”

“Ugh, terrible…I feel out of place” she said. “Don’t worry, you’ll get over it” I said. After a few seconds of silence,

“I love you” I said.

“I love you too.” The silence told me she wanted to get back to work and I understood. I’m sure the kids will come home feeling as if someone push them and shoved them throughout the day as they slept. After hanging up with her I went to grab a deli sandwich, carefully trying not to be noticed by the public.

            Strolling back to the studio, while eating my sandwich, a newsstand that has been abandoned by the owner with recent copies of magazines caught my eye, I stood glaring at the celebs that made the issues. Kim Kardashian on People, Lmar on Sports, and Lady Gaga on U.S. Today. My heart dropped when I saw the next issue of U.S Today, my stomach turned into knots and I suddenly forgot how to breathe.

            I picked up the magazine and saw a picture of Hailie on the front cover with Natalia. Her face covered in bruises and her hair a mess. I remember seeing her off that day to school. The caption read,

“Rap singer Daughter has fight at school!” My food wanted to erupt from my stomach and out of my mouth. The magazine under it set everything in me on fire. My heart felt a sudden sting that I’m familiar with. My fingers have crushed my sandwich into mush.

“Natalia’s new man!” A picture of her sitting on a bench with the person was on the cover. How could she? I opened my heart, my life, whatever love I had left was for her and she twists it just like Kim!

            I threw the stand to the ground, smashing and ripping everything apart. Sitting on the destroyed stand, feeling my chest growing tight and everything in me somehow becoming alive with power that is not Natalia. It doesn’t make sense. How could she? A few tears came down from my eyes, feeling the sting of the winter air touching them.

            I felt like I was living a lie for all these years. Natalia didn’t seem to exist to me. I was confused, upset and angry. I couldn’t think of work, I couldn’t look forward to going home to my wife and children. This changes everything.

“What the hell man!” I stood up quickly as I saw an elder looking Asian man looking at the now destroyed newsstand.

“The hell!” He cried. I gave him a couple of hundreds and went back to the studio.

--

            “Slim! Stop playing with the dials!” Dre shouted. “Sorry” I mumbled. Dre glared at me disgusted.

“Ok, let’s take five everyone!” he said. “No, no!” I said. “Let’s keep going, we are doing just fine” I said, frustrated. Dre leaned over, “This is my studio…you hear me boy” he said. Feeling small and out of line I sat back as people walked out of the studio.

            I sat back in the chair, twirling around with the dials. “Why didn’t you leave?” he said, annoyed.

“Because I know you wanna talk to me” I mumbled.

“Your attiude boy has been making me cold” he said.

“STOP!” I shouted getting up from the chair, pacing back and forth.

“I’m not a boy! I’m a grown man with four kids, and a…” my voice was no longer available when it came to talking about Natalia. Suddenly tears came down my face and I broke down like a boy.

“I had a wife…” I cried. Holding onto the chair for support, my legs caved and I fell to the floor.

            “Slim!” Dre jumped from his seat as he caught me. “Slim, Slim…come on get a hold of yourself!”

He sat me on the couch, my tears still continued as my body became numb. “Had a wife?” Dre questioned.

I cleared my nose, “Natalia is cheating on me.” Dre sat silently, he tilt his head back and began to laugh hysterically.

“Natalia cheat on you?” he laughed. “The girl had her room dedicate it to you growing up!” I pulled the stolen magazine from my pocket and showed it to Dre.

“That is not Desmond or Nathan” I said. Dre studied it. “Slim, Natalia would never cheat on you.” “She loves you…she really does”.

            “I’m confused” I said, “There is nothing to be confused about.” My head throbbed and it pained me. I couldn’t think and my body still felt pretty numb.

“Rest for a bit…I will move the recording to a different room” said Dre. “No” I said. “If you are confused…sleep will do you good.” Willingly I rested my head on the soft area of the couch.

            The room was silent and almost dark, from Dre lowering the lights. “Natalia…” I whispered to myself.

“Please don’t let it be true…” “I love you…” “I love you…” Nothing made sense. Those annoying, painful urges came back at full blast. It came back stronger and harder. It hit me like a bolder. I began sweating, twitching and cringing. The room spanned out of control. And everything for me has fallen apart.

 --

Did I tell you some serious shit will go down! Do you think Natalia is really cheating on Marshall? 0.O

The Monster (My Best Friend Eminem, My Husband Marshall Mathers)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara