Chapter thirty-four

Chapter thirty-four

My head, ow. I woke up in a strange room with the sun practically blinding me in the eyes. I was naked under the wool covers, until it all came back to me. I looked on my left to find Natalia still sleeping, naked. A smile was on her face, it proved she had a good time. I sat back into the bed, folding my hands over the back of my head. I could still feel everything from last night.

Last night felt more like a dream than anything else. It was unreal, I took a deep breath as the tension from just thinking about it, built up inside of me. There was something different about this morning, something different about me. I felt like a new man, I felt reborn, I felt invisible. Overwhelming feelings of joy and happiness overpowered my thoughts and a goofy smile came onto my face.

Natalia cuddled up to me as she sighed, she was waking me up. A small but noticeable smile came onto her face. Her eyes flew open as the light of the sun gave me a sparkle, and it made her hair shine brightly. She blinked a couple of times before diverting her eyes to me. I looked down at her, smiling, she looked back her smile beaming.

"Good morning" she said softly, chills traveling down my back, from the sound of her voice.

"Good morning sweetie" I said placing a kiss on her forehead.

Her lips touch mine and I felt my breath leaving my body. Pulling away to allow her to breath; kissing her forehead passionately.

"Hey who is in there?" someone shouted outside the door. Natalia and I scrambled to put our clothes back on. She quickly opened the window and started to climb out.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

What she said next took me by surprised, "Slim Shady would've done the same." I smiled to myself as I watch her safely crawl down the side of the building. Holding my shirt in my hand, I watch in amazement.

"God I love that women."

--

Our troubles with the club were over, it was when we get home, that I was afraid of. My mother probably worried sick about us.

"I bet there are swarms of cops around the house" I kidded.

"Oh God, that is all we need." I chuckled, as pulled up to the house to find it, peaceful and calm. My mother was on the couch sleeping with the TV running. Hailie came out of the kitchen with a bowl of cereal in her hands. Seeing her was like a breath of fresh air. I woke up from a nightmare, maybe now I'll have my girl back. She greeted Natalia with a 'hey mom' and me a simple, cold hi. It brought me down, if I could go back in time and stop myself that day from throwing Jake out, I would. Softly Hailie smiled at me and suddenly I felt my heart restore.

Natalia placed a soft and comforting kiss on my cheek, "Don't worry please..." she said. The one thing I haven't tried was maybe trying to talk to her. Obviously she wasn't going to talk to me. The problem is how can I talk to her? What can I talk to her about? I have forgotten how to talk to my own daughter.

Quickly, rushing up the stairs, without a plan or the right words to say; I went to talk to Hailie. At her doorway, I stopped, I have the chance to turn back. It made me angry, does she realize I did what I did to protect her? Words I could say jumbled in my head and I couldn't think of anything else expect that I was really sorry.

Sudden fear and anger rose in me and I back out when my hand was on the door knob. Muffled noses came from the other side of the door, I softly put my ear against the door. It came clearer; Hailie was singing.

"This is survival of the fittest, this is do or die, this is the winner takes it all, so take it all." Somehow those gave me comfort, as she continued to sing, combining words together; I taught my girl well how to rap. Her voice rose and she began to rap faster. I knew I need no worry, I knew she was thinking of me.

Going back down stairs, Natalia was saying goodbye to my mother and thanking her for staying the night. Giving my mom a kiss and a hug, she caress my face,

"You look like you were reborn or something" she said softly. Understanding what she probably meant I gave her a hug and a kiss.

When my mother left Natalia had a puzzled look to her, "Reborn, huh?" Crossing her arms like she was studying me.

"I guess probably from last night" I said winking at her. Grasping her in my arms and giving her a kiss.

"Dad, chess match now!" Ronnie demanded. I turned and smiled at him, his face squinted as if he was trying to pull off an angry face. He held the chess game in his right arm, and still in his PJs. His hair was slightly messy and he rubbed his eye with his left hand. Natalia and I chuckled, as I picked Ronnie up.

"Of course, little man I'll play with you" I said softly. I placed a kiss on his cheek, as he wiped it away.

"Oh, what just because you're a big boy, does it mean I can't give you anymore kisses?" Ronnie bobbed his head back and forth. Playfully I placed a couple of more kisses on his cheeks, as he tried to push me away.

At the moment, it felt like the world now, made sense. I could see things clearly now. The fighting with my demons has somehow vanished. And I did not worry of it returning. I looked forward to the New Year now, I'm looking forward to more birthdays, graduations, more success, and the happiness of waking up next to Natalia. She stood as she watch me and Ronnie play together, smiling brightly. I now feel I can move on.

After hearing Hailie singing; I could not seem to get the words out of my head, I could hear a clash of rhythm in my head. Nervously, and purposely losing the chess game to Ronnie, I ran upstairs to my studio and started adding words to the phrase. The ink could not come out faster as I scribbled word after word on my note pad, putting in the right beat to make it all come together. All I could feel was my empowerment over my mind; I could feel Slim Shady, Eminem, and Marshall all come together. Finishing the song, I stumbled over the title for the song. Still hearing Hailie sing the words in her head; the word survival stuck like glue. I scribbled the word on top of the margin entitling it, "Survival".

--

Does everyone love how I wrote the creation of 'Survival' into the story? Yes! I knew it would be a work of art to do so! Don't think for a moment the story ends here, it may seem that way, you may think Marshall has kicked the urges and the demons....but some serious shit is about to go down!