Chapter fifteen

While writing this chapter Despicable Me 2 was coming out in theatres and during the trailers, in the background you could hear 'Without Me' being played! I thought it would be awesome to write a chapter with the movie trailer in it and also I like Gru! 

Chapter fifteen

Marshall’s P.O.V

            I decided to be OK with Ronnie playing chess for the school. To show Natalia and Ronnie I supported the idea I decided to play chess with him. And I got to hand it to Ronnie, he knew his stuff. It took me sometimes fifteen minutes to decide what move I wanted to make next. I’m not a big chess fan, but reading the rules I seemed to understand it.

            “Come on, dad…time is money!” Ronnie exclaimed,

“What money? The fifteen cents you have in your pocket?” I laughed. “Time is money HA! Time is money!” I repeated.

“Dad, that’s the fourth time you touched the queen…you will be dust and your hand will still be on that queen!” Ronnie exclaimed, causing me to laugh uncontrollably.

“Boy, shut up!” I giggled. “Ha! Deal with that!” I said.

“Check mate!” Ronnie shouted. “I know a check when I see it boy!” I sat observing.

            I moved another piece, I wasn’t sure which it was but it made Ronnie giggle to himself. I wanted to win so badly, but Ronnie made it hard for me to concentrate with his giggling.

“That’s it game over!” I said, pushing all the chess pieces down.

“What, dad come on!” Ronnie cried.

“Mom will be home soon son, she sees me playing chess with you she’ll know she is right” I said.

            “And you were going to hide this from me?” The voice came from behind me, it sound stern and yet angelic.

“Fuck!” I mouthed.

“Hi mom!” Ronnie said, rushing to Natalia. Natalia opened her arms and hugged Ronnie. Her hair was pulled up and the shine glowed.

            I cleared my throat, “Ok, he’s good…you are right” the words were poison to me. I cringed a little bit. Natalia gave Ronnie a kiss on the cheek and told him to go upstairs for bath time.

“Hi” she said giving me a kiss.

“Hi sweetie” I said. I held her close to me, her hands place on my arms.

“You’re cold” I chuckled. “It’s getting colder out every day” she said. She placed a kiss on my nose.

            “I don’t want that!” Ronnie shouted from upstairs. “Now, Ronnie…” Natalia gave him a bath. I felt the burning the use all over again and it became stronger. I sweated and felt the room spinning. Natalia and Ronnie’s voice echoed through the house. I laid on the couch feeling my body tingle.

“Go away” I whispered, I wanted Natalia, but I couldn’t call her.

--

            “Good night kiddo!” I said, kissing Ronnie, the day was no longer on my mind once I stepped into my mother shoes.

“Hailie, off the phone, bed time!” I said, knocking on the door as I passed it. I picked up a basket full of clothes and went into the bedroom to fold them.

            I got dressed for bed; wearing my Transformer oversized t-shirt. It felt great to be in my cozy bed. The TV was low but still hearable. Marshall came in with a Hanes t-shirt and boxer shorts. He held his down and his face was harden. It gave a coldness to the room. It even changed my mood.

            “Oh! Honey this is the commercial I told you about!” I said, putting up the volume on the TV. The Despicable Me 2 commercial was on and if you listen closely to the background music you can hear “Without Me” playing. I laughed as I bounced to the music.

“Isn’t that great, honey?” I exclaimed.

“Yeah” he said coldly.

            A thousand worries filed into my head as he went into the bathroom. I finish folding the clothes and set aside the rest for tomorrow. Marshall came out of the bathroom as soon as I was tucking myself in. He curled under my arms, as he clutch his fingers around my waist.

“Good night, honey” he moaned, kissing the edge of my jawline and neck.

“Good night” I said softly.

            It was weird, too weird a couple of mintues ago Marshall barely spoke a word to me and now he’s all sweet. It made my worry increase even more. I sat in the quite darkness, hearing Marshall’s soft breathing.

“Honey” I whispered.

“Mmm What?” I was unsure what to say, I wanted to say what I thought but I was afraid for the truth and also not the truth.

“I love you” I said, “I love you too” he shuffled under the covers. What was I going to do?

--

            The next morning I woke up I heard little giggles and shuffling downstairs. Noticing Marshall was not in bed with me, I got up to see what was going on downstairs. I slowly walked down the cold steps and into the kitchen to find the kids still in their PJs. It confused me.

“Aren’t they suppose too be in school?” I asked. “I woke up, this morning and realized it was Saturday, I’ll take them on Monday” Marshall said, kissing me good morning.

            “Dad, are we going to the park today?” asked Ronnie.

“Yeah, man” said Marshall smiling.

“The park?” I questioned. “I’m gonna teach him how to play football…for fun” Marshall said.

            I began to smile pleasantly as I went to get some coffee. I kissed, Ronnie, Whitney, and Hailie good morning.

“I’m going to be at the mall with Jake” said Hailie. I can only imagine what Marshall must be thinking. The thought made me feel unsettled as I tried to figure out what I could say to allow her to go.

            “Ok, just be back around three” said Marshall. I leaned over and whispered, “I thought you didn’t like him”.

“He’s alright…” Marshall said, “I’m trying to let Hailie go a little” said Marshall. I smiled placing a kiss on his cheek.

“Dad…” Ronnie said, holding his hand in a shape of a football.

“Hit it!” Ronnie inmatated to throw it. Marshall flinched. The children began to laugh.

            Marshall chased Ronnie into the living room; throwing him on the couch and pretending to be a little monster. At the moment, my worry turned into doubt; this was Marshall that I knew. And I vowed to not pay attention to any of the magazines or the silly TV. They don’t see what I see. And I see a man in love with his life and children. 

--

GUESS WHO'S BACK? BACK AGAIN...SHADY'S BACK TELL A FRIEND! GUESS WHO'S BACK? GUESS WHO'S BACK? THE RAP GOD HIMSELF!