Chapter thirty-two

Chapter thirty-two

The pride I have in my son was overwhleming pratically, and the happiness to be home in a fimilar town, and fimilar faces joyed me to no end. Everyone lined up in front of the buffett line awaiting to pile their plates with food.

''Honey you will like this!" I said, talking to Marshall about the bread salomon. Marshall starred into space, pratically, it scared me my worry for him using grew on Christmas eve, where there should be not a worry in the world.

''Honey..." I said again, ''Huh'' "What?" Marshall asked, "You would like this" I said again.

"Oh what is it?"

"Breaded salmon" Marshall took a piece of the fish. His face read emotionless, as if like the first time I meet him. It annoyed me how my husband won't talk to me, like he use too. I felt like we were straining from one another. As if he was pushing me away.

We sat next to each other and ate our first plate of food, when Marshall gently, grasped my hand into his, comfortingly, lovingly. It took me by surprise, the affection he was showing behind his cold eyes. I was familiar with this act, and I knew right away something was wrong that bothered him and he did not want to come out with it.

After the gift opening, the desert and old fashion Christmas cartoons compining by with hot chocolate or coffee, everyone went home. The children were snugged in their beds and I happy to be out of my heels and bra. My face also wiped from the make-up that weighted on my face. I sat in my old room, now changed into a guest room, with the lights off and TV running. It was beyond cozy.

Marshall came in, shirtless and in the new flannel pants, my mother bought him for Christmas.

"I'm so full" I groaned. Marshall smiled; tighten the strings on the PJ bottoms. He crawled in next to me, taking the remote out of my hands and turning the TV off.

"Hey I was watching that!" I exclaimed. Marshall chuckled, caressing my cheek with his middle and pointer fingers.

"I still gotta give you one last gift" he said softly. His husky voice, soothing me slightly.

"Oh?"

He chuckled, giving me a few kisses on my face, "Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away" he sang, sounding like a young boy almost. Singing the words to me over and over and softer and softer, leaving me breathless and speechless, his face so close to me I could smell his sweet breath.

The room had the dream feel to it, "Earth Angel, earth angel, please be mine, my darling dear love you all the time I'm just a fool in love...." He came to my lips, "a fool in love with you." Marshall placed a soft tingling kiss on my lips. His voice was like warm milk,

"I'm just a fool...a fool in love with you" his voice grew softer and husky, leaving goose pimples all over my body.

He playfully, lick my lips with the tip of his tongue, "I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" I said breathlessly. All the doubt of Marshall drifting away from me went away and I felt my husband come back to me.

He began to caress my body with kisses leaving me helpless to fight it off. Every worry and doubt went away. My happiness was restored. Although I knew, it was trick; I knew there was a lot of unresolved things, such as Hailie and Marshall. Marshall and the rumors about the drugs. For now, it was my winter wonderland with my husband. He soon fell asleep in my arms, cuddled so close to me, afraid to let me go.

I began caressing his soft face as he slept peacefully. The shadow of tiny snowflakes gave a wonderful, cozy, Christmas effect outside the window. I kissed him occasionally, feeling his soft skin against my hands. I knew he wasn't fully asleep when I felt goose bumps on his back. He groaned a little, signaling he was dreaming partially.