Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty

Hey guys, unfourntely we are coming close to the end of the story, (three more chapters or so to go) Febuary 1st will be the last updated to the story. I will be adding a bouns chapter though to the story.  :) Thank you for giving as much support as the last Eminem story! I really do hope you enjoy my other stories in the future L.O.L XXOO. Maybe if I get lucky I'll get a Watty Award for these stories someday! 

            “How was your day?” I asked Marshall. “Can’t complain…day by day process…I had a little visitor come to see me today…” he said, softly.

“Oh?” “Who?”

“I’ll give you a hint…blonde hair, and is currently twenty years old…” My jaw dropped to the floor. Hailie disobeyed and went up to see her father without any of us. That again, she is an adult, but also I would never let Hailie see her father in this condition alone.

“Oh…” I sighed, sharply. “I don’t want our kids to see me like this…” Marshall strained himself.

“I can’t control what the kid does; she is a young lady…” I said, glancing at pictures of Marshall nearly Hailie’s age, two years younger maybe.

“Don’t forget she gets her free spirit from you…”

Marshall chuckled, “Yeah, I guess she does…” I smiled to myself.

            I sat back into bed, “How are you feeling?” I asked softly. Marshall sighed, “I…” “I miss you all…Everyday feels…just feels” he jabbered.

“I miss you too…” I whispered, wipping the tears from my eyes.

“Do you think about me every night?” I asked.

“Every single minute of every single day…” he said, his voice cracking.

“Do you feel better?”

“Getting there…”

            After a prolonged goodbye Marshall went to bed. He was not himself. It must be torture, to be there with us, and to be there alone. The press and TMZ suddenly fell silent, their stories has come to halt as if they heard the real story. I felt powerful, like I have the world in the palm of my hands again. I’m not saying exactly I’m proud of what I’ve done lately, but I’m happy to know I had the power to stop before it increased.

            The doorbell began to ring, who could that be? “I’ll get it!” Hailie rushed out her room.

“No, no, no!” I quickly said. It was too late for someone to ring the doorbell and I had a strange feeling that did not settle right in my stomach. Hailie went back to her room, I cautiously made my way downstairs to the front door. I carried a bat in my hand and hid it in the back of me.

            Nervously, I opened the door, as it ringed for the second time. “Oh, it’s you!” I said sighed in relief. Kim stood on the porch, her head slightly tilted and she pouted, her eyes buldged out as if she was utterly worried. 

“Oh My God what happened?” I asked, not even have to ask what was wrong. She walked into the house, taking me to the garage.

“How do you know where the garage was?”

“Before you, I too once lived here for a very short period of time…Marshall and I use to come down here and…” she purced her lips, “Never mind.”

            “What is it that you want to tell me?” I asked. “They are questioning Vincent’s death…” she said.

“What” I chuckled nervously. “The doctor told me they are not going to investigate it, the police saw it as an act of defense…”