Chapter forty-two

Chapter forty-two

            A bright light shined in my eyes and a comforting warmth of an angel’s hand caressed mine gently. At the moment I felt like my father was holding me. I could see a vague shadow of an angel with short hair.

“Natalia” it whispered. I smiled softly, his voice soothed me like warm milk.

            The beautiful vague shadow came closer and I was finally able to make out a face. “Daddy”

“Wake-up, sweetheart…”

The light began to grow dim, and I felt I was waking up from a long nap. The room suddenly became clear but I had no idea where I was. I sat in a long bed with sheets covering me. I wasn’t home though.

            “Natalia…” a soft voice came. I turned to my left to find Marshall, his face read terrorfied and worried. He looked terrible as if he didn’t sleep for weeks.

“Baby it’s me…It’s Marshall…” he whispered, caressing my face that stinged. “ Eminem…” he whimpered. It all came back to me now. The fight, the feeling of walking down that long hall with the light at the end and de’vu, what was I thinking? I could’ve been killed.

            “Marshall…” I mumbled.

“Shh, I’m here…” his voice was tender to me. I wonder if Kim was alright.

“Marshall…” I groaned in pain. My entire body felt as if it was whacked by a board.

            Marshall came closer to my face, I sighed taking a deep breath, “I’m sorry…”

“Stop…” he said sternly.

“Stop…” he cried, streaming tears came down his face.

He whimpered for a moment, “It’s alright…” I said.

“I could’ve lost you, how’s this alright?” He was right. He started to caress my lips, automatically making me fall back to sleep.

“I love you” he whispered.

--

Marshall’s P.O.V.

            Please don’t go back to sleep. How long I waited for her eyes to open. Please Natalia, don’t go back to sleep.

“Marshall…” Kim said. I turned around feeling my eyes getting teary. She stood with the cuts and stiches on her face. It was awkward since I haven’t seen her in years. I bet she loves seeing me cry right now. She is use too it.

            “You ok?” She whispered. I sniffled, “Sort of…”

“Ok…” coldly she said. I hate her for everything she has done to me, Hailie, Laney and Whitney. As much as I hate her, she saved my wife I owe her a thank you.

            “Kim…” I said, walking out of the room. She turned to me, giving me a puzzled look.

“Thank you…” I said simply.

She smiled, “She really brought out the best in you…” I smiled pleasantly knowing it was the only nice thing she said to me, ever.

            Before going back into the room, I grabbed a few snacks that I know Natalia would be egging for when she wakes up.

“Dad…” I turned to find Hailie, her hair up, her favorite blue star sweater on. She looked like she has been crying for hours.

            It has been a long time since I talked to Hailie and I feel like I don’t know her anymore. As a father, even though I was angry with her, it is also my fault too. I should’ve made the first move to break the ice.

“Hi, honey…” I said softly. “Is…is mom ok?” she asked. Confused at which mom she was talking about,

“Who?”

She sighed, “Natalia and mom…”

“Oh yes, they are fine, Talia will be here for a couple of days, other than that…she is healthy” I said awkwardly.

“Ok…”

            We stood in front of each other, silently, “Well, I’ll go home…Laney has Ronnie and Whitney…she must be pulling her hair out” she said awkwardly.

“Yea, I’ll be home later…if not…you know the rules” I said sighed.

“Yea” afraid to approach me at first, she wrapped her achy arms around me and gave me a tight huge.

            She sobbed in my chest. Frantically, I dropped the snacks and hugged her back. It twisted me to see her cry hysterically.

“I’m sorry, daddy” she cried. “I’m sorry…” “I’m sorry!”

“Shhh, please, Hailie…Please…” I pleded for her to stop crying, I never was angry with her. I was angry with myself for being such a jerk that day. I rocked her back and forth slowly, to calm her down. I didn’t want to let go of her. Soon I had tears coming down my face.

“It’s ok my baby…daddy forgives you…I can never be mad at you…” I said.

            She pulled away wiping the tears from her eyes. I held her shoulders, “Do you know how much I love you…Nothing can match up…” I said.

“But you love, Natalia just the same…” she said.

I chuckled, “Natalia and I have a different kind of love…something that you will understand someday…from a real man…” She smiled as a left over tear came down her face.

“Go home, rest…I will call later…” I said, placing a kiss on her forehead, giving her a huge. The feeling that my daughter was my best friend and my daughter again gave me an overpowering feeling that my life was coming back. 

--

Everyone happy Marshall and Hailie are talking again? :))