Chapter six

I already have chapters' seven posted so if anybody wants to read it again by all means! I will just post chapter eight after 5 and 6. Then it'll go back to two chapters! Enjoy 5 and 6! 9 and 10 will be posted on Christmas Eve *Marvin The Marsian voice* Isn't that lovely? 

Chapter six

Marshall’s P.O.V

            Just keep lying about the Red Bull, I tell myself all the time. It’s the cause of the night sweats and the stomach flu. I jiggled my leg nervously in the doctor’s office, knowing the Red Bull is not the cause of my problem.

“Marshall” the doctor called. I put my hat back on and walked into his office.

            He was elderly and somewhat thin. He offered me a seat as I sat down feeling my jitters returning.

“What can I do for you?” He asked. I explained my situation and I feel like breaking down and I can’t sleep.

“Have you been taking any drugs?”

“No, I’ve been clean for a couple of years, it’s just recently I felt the need for them and it gets stronger every day”.

            The doctor nodded his head. “And you have a wife and children?” He asked.

“Yes, my three girls have seen me go down, I don’t want Ronnie or Natalia or even the girls for that matter to see it again”. Natalia thinks I’m at work, the less she knows I feel the better off everything is.

            The doctor said he can’t do much expect for me to take every day, day by day and find a hobby to do. It’s easier said than done. Driving to work, I felt the burning sensation again. I found myself mumbling a freestyle nervously all the way to the studio. When I got into the studio the burning subsided and I had a clear mind and the feeling of peace came over me.

            If mumbling freestyles is what I have to do to escape that burning for drugs then so be it. The day ended early for me and I drove home without any problems. I jiggled my keys into the door, “Natalia, I’m home!”

“I’m in the studio!” She shouted.

            I chuckled to myself making my way to the studio. I wrapped my arms around her, slouching down to kiss her cheek. She giggled, “Hello”.

“Hello” she kissed my lips. Time has stopped again. The lingering worry that the feeling would come back at any time suddenly went away completely and I felt like the old Marshall.

            I sat at my desk across from her and started making the list for packing. I scoffed, three weeks without Natalia and the kids and Whitney is at a critical stage right now.

“Whitney made a Facebook account this morning” Natalia said. I’m not too happy with the Facebook account; it’s not Whitney its people.

“Oh?”

“Yeah, I made it for her so she can only add friends, and friends won’t be able to add her”.

            I sighed sitting back into my chair and rubbing my face. I don’t want to do this. “Honey, you ok?” Natalia asked.

“Yeah, yeah I just don’t like going away for three weeks and you just came back…Sometimes I feel like I don’t see you guys enough”. Natalia got up from her seat and walked around the table to me.

            “Sometimes I feel you play both mommy and daddy” I said. Natalia nestled her head into my shoulder. A heavy weight of guilt came over me. I was ready to call off the tour.