Chapter twenty-two

Ok, since Eminem has announced his tenth upcoming album “MMLP2” as far as I know that’s what everyone is calling it for now, this story is dedicated to his album coming out on November 5th!!!! Guess who’s back, back again, Shady’s back, tell a friend. Guess whose back? J

Chapter twenty-two

            Marshall’s comforting words convinced me enough he was clean still and to ignore the tabloids and hope it passes, but how do you explain his odd behavior? It was the first thing that came to mind when I woke up this morning. And immediately Marshall’s comforting words seemed less comforting. It was a foggy, early Black Friday morning and I was up before anyone else.

            Marshall still laid in bed, sleeping on his side. I slowly crept out of bed and made my way to Hailie’s bedroom. In a way, I still don’t understand why Marshall kicked Jake out I just hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us. He could’ve just told the kid to leave and don’t come back.

            Opening Hailie’s door, she still laid the same way as I left her last night. Her hair was fanned over her face making it harder to see if she was asleep or awake. I watched closely in between the strains as she batted her eyes. And I knew she was awake when I saw her chest heaving in and out as if she was tense or afraid.

            Smiling to myself I casually made my way through the messy floor and sat on the edge of her bed. I waited to see if she would flinch when the tension grew too much and she would remove the hair from her face or to see if my eyes were fooling me. It’s silly how she thinks she could fool me.

I cleared my throat softly, “Hailie, I’ve done this before and I tell ya, it does not work”.

            Hailie sighed removing her hair from her face, sitting up in bed. She sniffled as she rubbed her face in exhaustion. She sat lifeless on the bed for a moment and starring at what might have been the door. Her head was titled back and her mouth gaped a little.

I cleared my throat, “You wanna talk about it?”

“Mmm, no” she said.

 I wasn’t sure what I was going to say that will make her forgive her father but it’s going to take a lot for Marshall. I could not talk for Marshall and honestly I can’t talk for him. I’m still upset of what he did.

“Talia” Hailie said.

“Hmm”

Her eyes rolled my way; they were swollen slightly with crusty lines going through them. “Is my dad on drugs again?” she moaned. It was what I feared all along. I can’t say really, besides Marshall’s odd behavior; he shows no signs of using drugs.

            “What you think Hailie?” I asked, fearing I might show I’m scared too. She didn’t say anything, just kept her eyes on what look like the door to her room.

“No…I hope not…I can’t lose my father” she mumbled. New tears started to weld in her eyes. My heart and sympathy went out to her. I know the feeling of losing a father and I have had thoughts about life without Marshall. Both of them are unbearable. At one point I remember thinking too much about my life without Marshall and I ended up crying so hard as if he was gone.

            The tears began to pouring from her face. “Oh, Hailie” I said, wipping the tears from her face.

“Talia, I hate him for what he has done including last night…but when I saw the recent People magazine laying on the floor with that article about him I…” she chocked unable to say anything until she has sobbed a little.

“I…I thought about what would happen to us how could I make it through the days…who will walk me down the aisle…I don’t want to lose daddy” she cried.

            I rubbed the back of Hailie’s head, “Hailie, daddy didn’t relapse…and if he did…we will stick by him because we all love him very much and we are a family” I said sternly. Hailie’s tears subsided once she realized we are right.

“So who owes who an apology?” asked Hailie. I chuckled, “I think both of you should…” through the sparkling tears Hailie gave a small smile making her eyes swell up completely.

            Walking back to my room, I realized that I was too worried if Marshall was back on drugs that even if he was we all forgot if we were going to support him or not. To me, it seems we will stick by him. Marshall not only makes an impact on the world but on this family. I would be dead without him.

            Marshall sat at the edge of the bed fiddling with one of his cross necklaces. I stood silently at the door as he mumble to his necklace.

“Bless my wife, Natalia my four children, Laney, Hailie, Whitney and Ronnie…please give me strength today…” he mumbled.

I cleared my voice softly catching his attention, “Breakfast is ready, baby” I said softly. He smiled and placed his necklace on the table.

            He stood next to me at the door, “Is Hailie still mad at me?” he whispered.

“A little, she understands why and we talked about it…just give her some time” I said. Marshall hovered me, feeling tension build up in me. My body became weak and my knees were buckling. His face came closer to mine as his lips softly pressed against mine.

            That moment everything seemed perfect. There wasn’t a worry in the world or a care. I felt like lifting him up and taking him somewhere far away where it could just be us. I felt like a child. A little blush came to my cheeks; a memory came to my mind, when I use to get so excited when it came to Eminem I would kiss one of the posters in my room thinking he would pop out and take me into his arms. The thought turned my blush into a little giggle causing Marshall to break from me.

            “What’s wrong?” he giggled. The memory was to embarrassing to share I mine as well be drunk in order to share it.

“Nothing, just in a good mood this morning” I said giving him another kiss, running my hand through his short hair.  

“Let’s keep it that way through- out the morning” said Marshall. Nodding my head, as we proceed down stairs, as we came to the staircase, Hailie stood with Ronnie in her arms. We starred at each other for a while as if there was something to say.

            “Hailie” Marshall asked. Hailie purced her lips into her mouth trying not to show a smile of forgiveness.

“You hungry bud?” she asked, as they walked down the stairs. Her tone and her attitude showed that she still showed recentment towards Marshall. I could only imagine it was tearing Marshall inside. Marshall looked at me with a concerned look.

“Give her time” I said. Marshall swallowed the lump in his throat and sighs deeply.

Marshall’s P.O.V

            As Natalia walked down the stairs to the kitchen the horrible urges to use came back again. It was like a brick smacking into your face, painful and all the sudden. I couldn’t take this anymore, it was like battling demons every day, it was taking away the real Marshall and the paparazzi did not make this any easier. My family anit stupid, they see it out there in the stores and at school. I’m surprised one of them didn’t end up in a school fight yet. There were many incidents of that happening before Ronnie with Hailie and Laney.

            I could tell them, but the problem is how to tell them and I have the fear of how they will react. Will they resent me? Will they think, how could I do this to them? Will they leave me? Will they stand by me? Will they tell me it will be ok? The questions poured into my head.

            Leaning against the banister, unable to catch my breath or control the thought of taking one Vicden or Valium I can hear my conscious, come on Marshall one won’t kill you, I promise you it’ll only be one time. Yeah one time my ass. I’m too afraid to run my family.