Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen

            Monday Marshall drove the kids to school as usual and it gave me enough time to get ready for work. Marshall came home,

“Honey” Marshall shouted. “I’m upstairs!” I shouted back. I could hear him climb the stairs rapidly.

            “Aw, you look amazing” said Marshall; I smiled trying to get my last shoe on.

Marshall laughed, “Here hun, let me help”. I sat on the bed as he slowly put the shoe on. It was like a scene from Cinderella. I giggled as his fingertips left a tingling sensation down my leg. He smiled naughty at me as he placed a couple of kisses on my leg.

            “I would love to take these pantyhose off now” he whispered. I smiled as I let out a soft giggle. He moved his cheeks softly against the soft, silky fabric, gripping the small part of the fabric. He inhaled the sweet smell of body lotion I put on.

“Honey…honey” I said, “I have to go to work” I said softly. Marshall gave a half-smile and stood up.

            He grasped me in his arms, “Do you know Jake is coming to Thanksgiving dinner?” I whispered. Marshall placed a small kiss on my forehead and sighed, “Yes”. Marshall was not too thrilled. I gave Marshall a kiss goodbye and went off to work.

            The air was now in full winter set and the last of leaves were falling. Getting into my car and putting the heater on was a relief. I blew into my palms and rubbed them together as the car thawed. I pulled out of drive way and drove into the city.

--

            “Good morning, Talia” “Good morning, Talia” the same people greeted me. I was groggy this morning when it comes to early morning winter I tend to keep to myself. Tina stepped out of my office along with Mr. Tweed, they had a look of confusion and worry which didn’t set with me.

            “Talia, good morning” said Tina, her tone sounded uneasy. “Good morning, Tina…what is wrong?”

“Talia, don’t go in your office” she said, sternly. I didn’t like being told not to go in my office. I looked at Mr. Tweed, hoping he say something.

“Mrs. Mathers, work in my office until the afternoon” said Mr. Tweed.

“What is wrong with my office?” My heart started to pound. I scrambled to take out my office keys.

“Talia, please!” Mr. Tweed pleded.

            I stood in front of my office which was covered in magazine headlines of Marshall. A banner painted red hung in front of my desk which read,

“HE IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!” Without having security cameras in my office I will never know who did it.

“I’m having someone to come and clean this up, I’m so sorry” Mr. Tweed said.

            I franticly removed the magazines and threw them into a black garbage bag. This was the worse second Monday ever.

“Oh my God…Talia what happened?” Vincent said.

“What does it look like?” I said sarcastically and out of breathe.

“Someone broke into my office and apparently fucked my office up!” I said.

            Vincent began to pick up the articles with me. I ponder for a moment if this was Vincent’s doing it is condienace that no sooner he admitted he liked me or so much showed up that shit’s been happening. “Look, Vincent you are annoying me, can you just come back another time?!” I said.