Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

            “Natalia Mathers, has addressed that she will be moving back to New Jersey after the divorce from…”

“Marshall Mathers also known as…”

“Eminem…they will…”

“Have joint custody…”

“Of their son…”

“Ronnie Mathers.”

“No, mom Marshall and I are not getting a divorce.” “No, he is not!” “Well, just last Saturday he was putting the tree up with the kids…I got it on video if you want!” I shouted.

            “Ma, I’m not getting into another bijatyka with you about this ok, not today!” I shouted again. I slammed my phone shut, shoving my angry thoughts about my mother to the back of my mind. The cold air whipped right through coat and made my skin feel as if it was ready to crack. Tiny ice sparkles started to fall from the sky, showing the sign that winter was defiantly here.

            The cold air made me numb from the head down, and I could think of nothing expect to keep walking to the elevator and the recent song that I heard on the radio. The distance sound of two people arguing suddenly caught my gaze. My frozen head turned slowly to the echos of a man and a women arguing.

            Mike, the large and muscular, garage security guard was arguing with a skinny women. Pretty soon, I was able to make out what they were saying. The skinny women wanted to go upstairs and Mike did not allow her. I’ve never seen her here before. She must be new. I came to the elevator and made my way upstairs.

            Too a surprise, no one was at their usual work stations. The cubicles, where the securities sat, on the left side were all empty. Not minding the odd missing securities, I continued to my office, soon to find the missing securities around my office door. My office was now covered with magazines of all sorts, some probably dating back years ago, and all sorts of pictures of Marshall on my walls. A banner with the words, ‘He doesn’t deserve you’ was hanging across my desk and written in a thick, red paint. My file cabinets were opened and the papers were all over the floor.

            I didn’t know how to feel, I was angry, how dare someone enter my office and vandalize it. I was also afraid, if this person knows how to get into my office, Lord, what else they know. Fear along with panic caused me to slightly cry. It was overwhelming.

“Oh My God, Natalia” said Vincent standing at the door. He entered the room slowly, as if he wasn’t trying to step on dead bodies.

“What happened?”

            I sniffled a bit, holding back continuing tears that spread my mascara all over my face.

“Not now, Vincent” I said, hearing the sadness in my voice. I walked over to my desk, to find my wedding picture gone. It broke my heart, causing more tears to stream down my face. I tried so hard to hold back the screams that wanted to come out, as I cuffed my hand over my mouth.

“What’s missing?”

Trying to find my voice, I said, “My wedding photo” softly.

“What?”

“MY WEDDING PHOTO, VINCENT, MY FUCKING WEDDING PHOTO!” I screamed at Vincent.

            Vincent took a step back, afraid I was going to attack him. The tears now came like a waterfall. All sorts of strenuous pain shot through my body, causing me to curl up.