Chapter 1

Yay, the first chapter of my new story!

For the purposes of my story, the Cullen kids all still go to school, even Edward and Bella. The wolf pack attends the same school as them. Just know that Esme watches Renesmee during the day. I just need everyone in and at the same school!

 I hope everyone enjoys it and let me know whatcha think. I put this up as a tester to see if I got enough response to continue so every vote and comment counts!

Thanks!

******************************************************************************************************************

      ‘This is pointless’ I thought to myself as I looked at the group of people surrounding me. Perhaps I should start from the beginning before bringing you up to speed on the current situation. My name, if it’s of any importance, is Lamia Sinclair and I am a human servant of the Volturi, the rulers of the vampire world. It may seem cool but it’s anything but. I wasn’t always a part of this world. I had a wonderful, normal life with my parents when I was younger. I was an only child and lived in a small town in Oregon. The summer of my seventeenth birthday, my parents surprised me with a trip to Italy for our yearly vacation. Now looking back on it, I wish I would have declined.

       We went to this town called Volterra. I didn’t know much about Italian towns, I was just happy to be there. The city was one of beautiful architecture and cobblestone walkways. Everything a fairytale town would be described. While we were walking around the town one night, I had gotten away from my parents. It was stupid of me but as a kid, I wasn’t thinking clearly. Then I heard a scream that was unmistakably my mother’s. I remember turning and catching a glance of my parents surrounded by several people in black coats before I was grabbed from behind, yanked down an alley. That was the last time I saw my parents.

      It turns out I had been snatched by one of the Volturi’s guards. I was taken underground into their lair I guess you could call it. I was scared and cautious when they brought me into a sort of throne room where three young men sat. It didn’t take me long to figure out that they were vampires, especially since I was almost bitten by one named Demetri. However, he was stopped by Aro who appeared to hold the most power of the three men. He told the vampires present that I wasn’t to be attacked and to take me to servant corridors. I was thrown into a room that was longer than it was wide. Small cots lined the walls and many other humans were there. I begged anyone to give me information but they refused. I had asked the guard outside our door one day if my parents were still alive, to which he replied that they were perfectly safe back in Oregon. I didn’t believe him. My parents wouldn’t stop searching for me if they were still alive. They would never leave Italy without me.

       So throughout the years, ten to be exact, I have been kept with the Volturi against my will. I mostly cooked and cleaned the floors but I’m very observant. I found that I was different from the other human servants they held here. I was kept alive for reasons unknown to myself. A human usually only lasted a few months around here before they were killed but I had been here years. Therefore, I keep to myself. I don’t feel the need to get close to the other humans because they will eventually be used as the Volturi’s meal. When I was first brought here, I had naively developed a sort of friendship with another servant named Cindy. She taught me the ropes and I guess we were as close as two servants for murderous vampires could be. One day, a guard came and ordered her before the leaders. I waited up for her that night but she never returned and that was that. I had learned from the other servants of her fate.