Chapter 19

Here is the next update!! It is raining here at the beach so I had time to sit down and type this chapter out. I'm not sure when the next time I'll get to update but it shouldn't be too long. Thanks to all of those who commented and voted. You guys are the people that keep me going and I truely appreciate it. I hope everyone's week is going wonderfully. Anyway, on to the story!!!

Comment and Vote! :)

********************************************************************************************************

           I sat with my hands grasped together in my lap on the couch in the Cullen’s living room. Before tonight, this was the first time I had been to their house. I’m sure I would have been in awe by the beauty of the place if it wasn’t for the reason why I was here in the first place.

            We had arrived in no time. The rest of the pack was already there and congregated in the house. Embry was tense and didn’t speak much to me. I wasn’t sure if it was because of the whole vampire thing or because he knew that I had been lying about my parents. He stood behind the couch right behind me. Even if he was mad at me, he was never far from reach.

            Embry had told the Cullens about the scent and what he had seen once he searched the house which was nothing. They asked me if I had seen anything odd. The only thing I told them was that the front door had been unlocked when I arrived home from school. I kept my eyes averted from anyone’s gaze. I was pretty good at lying but it always seemed that I couldn’t get a lot by this group, especially Embry. I could feel his stare at the back of my head. But they seemed to believe me and not to mention that Jane’s scent wasn’t to strong on me since he didn’t touch me physically.

            Currently, we were waiting for Emmett and Jasper to get back. Since Embry told them that the scent was familiar to him but he couldn’t place it, they decided to go see if they could figure out who it was. When Embry told that piece of information, I breathed a sigh of relief but only for a brief moment because Emmett and Jasper bolted into the room. They said one word and I froze.

            “Jane.”

            The whole room was still. I held my breath as I looked back and forth between them. They all had different expressions. Alice had a faraway look which meant she was searching for a vision about Jane. Carlisle and Esme both looked worried as they stood with their arms around the other’s waists. And Embry. The boy that usually had a warm, inviting smile that made me relax now had a dark took on his face. It’s the scariest I had ever seen him look and all I could think about was if he found out that I was lying more than just about my parents, would I be the cause of another look like that from him?

            “Are you sure?” Esme asked, looking between Emmett and Jasper.

            “Oh yeah, her stick was all over the house,” Emmett said slumping down into a chair next to where Rosalie stood.

“It was concentrated in the living room. I could smell it faintly on Lamia but I wasn’t sure until now,” Jasper explained going to stand next to Alice who still seemed to be searching for anything.

            “What would Jane be doing back here and at Lamia’s house?” Bella asked trying to find a connection between the two. My back was rigid with nerves as I stayed silent.