Chapter 12

Ok so I finally got this one up. It's been a push but I got it done. I feel like it's not the best but I hope that you all enjoy reading it anyway lol. Like I said, I don't know if I'll get to update as much as I did this past week but I will try. I know you might be wondering when Embry will tell Lamia about the shifter/imprint thing. Its not in this chapter but it might be the next chapter or two... :) Anyway enjoy!!!

******************************************************************

Embry’s POV

            I sat down in the chair opposite the couch and I hadn’t moved since we arrived. Lamia lay on the couch, looking peaceful in her sleep. Emily had changed her into some sweats and a t-shirt after we got here. Bandages were over her knees from where she scarred them after being thrown aside back at the school. The thought made my fists clench. It had been an hour since we got to Sam and Emily’s house. Lamia hadn’t woken up yet.

            “She’s going to be fine Embry,” Emily said laying a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I leaned back in the chair and laid my head on the back of it.

            “Thanks Emily,” I replied with a small smile that I knew didn’t reach my eyes. She smiled back before going to the kitchen where Sam was talking to Jacob. The others wanted to come over to check on Lamia but Sam said it’d be best to give her some space and not crowd her. Jacob was telling him what all had happened because I didn’t want to talk about it. All I wanted to do was sit here and watch over Lamia.

            I ran a hand over my face and let out a sigh. I didn’t imagine the night going like it did at all. I was so looking forward to going to the dance and spending the night dancing with her. But the night went from bad to worse and it was all my fault. First I kiss her which causes her to run out of the dance and then she got attacked. She wouldn’t have been out there and vulnerable for those guys to harass her. I didn’t protect her. She’s my imprint and I couldn’t even protect her from pathetic, drunken humans. When I finally get up the courage to tell her that she is my imprint, I’ll be putting her in even more danger. How can I protect her from the supernatural creatures in the world when I can’t keep her safe from Forks guys?

            “Hey man,” Jacob said coming to sit in the chair next to me. I lifted my head and looked at Lamia again to see she hadn’t moved at all. The only movement to let me know she was ok was the small up and down motion of her chest as she was breathing. Jacob looked at her as well once I didn’t reply to him.  “I’m sorry this happened to her.”

            “Yeah me too,” I said, bitterness evident in my tone. She shouldn’t have been put through something like that.

            “It’s not your fault Embry. You can’t protect her from everything,” Jacob replied looking over at me.

            “Why not?! I should be able to. She’s my imprint and I let stupid humans hurt her,” I spat in his direction. He could tell my anger was rising by my tone even though I kept my voice at a low level as to not wake Lamia up.

            “You didn’t know that was going to happen. No one did. She wouldn’t want you to blame yourself,” he said calmly, letting me vent if I wanted to. I was always there for him during the whole Bella situation and then once he imprinted with Renesmee. I always let him rant about whatever and I would just listen to him. Now he was doing the same for me.